Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Slp tvs1900

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Slp tvs1900

Is anyone familiar with these SLP 1900s? There is one for sale near me and the guy says it will fit truck spacing . My truck is an LQ4 swapped 2003 RCSB.. Any info is great. Thanks

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 331 Likes on 243 Posts

What engine did it come off of?
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

A friend of mine had the 2300 flavor on his 6L. Not a bad SC in grand scheme, before he went turbo was just right around 570whp (15psi) through CNC L92 heads, 80E, and a 50shot of n2o. We also believe he was having some trans issues with the triple disc dragging as the correct valve was not put in nor the orifice opened up so we're guessing those numbers would have been a bit better. I also think he was spinning the blower too fast and therefore stopping the pulls around 6200. His valvetrain/heads/cam could have went to 7000 easily and I think the square ports would have started to really pick up but we would have needed to back down the SC pully from 2.8 to something like 3.2 as it would have been waaay overspun.

It needs to be be in good working condition as SLP does not support them anymore, so no service parts. I think he bought a bypass actuator at superchargers online as the diaphram was slightly leaking.

You can see from pics below he relocate the IAT to the back side on the lower tub, cut those ugly coolant tubes off and replaced with AN style, and I also designed a 1" phenolic spacer for it as he wanted all the party out of this thing.

The following 2 users liked this post by ALL ULL C:
Full Power (Yesterday), The BallSS (Yesterday)
Old Today, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Buzzard
What engine did it come off of?
more than likely a G8 or camaro from same year range.
Old Today, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

I would honestly say that its not worth it. You’ll be capped at 450-500rwhp which you can make pretty easy n/a on a 6.0 especially with a decent set of heads.

Id suggest a nice pair of Ls3 heads and a cam motion cam for now which should get you to 450rwhp. If thats not enough and you still want a sc then you can get a cts-v sc which will fit the Ls3 port without any adapters. There are people with ported ctsv blowers making 600-1000rwhp.

if you want to save some money and know a welder you could go the turbo route with a smaller turbo for quick spool.

Quick Reply: Slp tvs1900