Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Headers into Blackheart True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kooks Headers into Blackheart True Duals?

I've got a few leads on old stock of Blackheart True Duals, and I'm pretty set on them as I like the look and sound of them. There's a problem though- I can't find any of the matching Blackheart Long Tube headers. I know a lot of you guys pretty strongly recommend Kooks, so I was wondering if anyone has experience running this set up, and if fabrication of an x pipe would be necessary.
The car is a 1999 Firehawk.
Old Today, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are the Hooker Blackheart systems complete? They included an xpipe that was very easily connected to long tube headers, I did it with the hooker true dual version configured for their long tubes.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RGSS
Are the Hooker Blackheart systems complete? They included an xpipe that was very easily connected to long tube headers, I did it with the hooker true dual version configured for their long tubes.
The system is complete in the box, I just wasn't sure if there'd be any fitment issues between the provided x pipe and the Kooks long tubes. I'm not that familiar with exhaust systems to be honest. Thank you for the heads up!
Old Today, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at this old thread covering all you need to know about the system: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...xhaust-20.html

Look at post no 392. I posted the modifications I did in order to connect with speed engineeting longtube headers.
One of the best systems availiable for 4th gens. Great clearance, great hangers and not an obnoxious sound.

Quick Reply: Kooks Headers into Blackheart True Duals?