Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Stroker kit options 6.0 L76 under 2k

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Stroker kit options 6.0 L76 under 2k

Plan on running NA so I am open to a cast stroker kit that comes with 4.020-30 pistons and 58x reluctor. Changing a reluctor would be no problem. If there are no options under 2k can someone tell me reasons why a cast stroker crank paired with gen iv connecting rods would not work?

Last edited by Guy with a Chevy; 08-29-2024 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think my option was a good in-between on cost. Still plenty strong but also not stupid expensive. I went BTR rod and crank, and Wiseco Pro pistons. Pistons I’m sure you can go different route to save $$.

Rods $665 shipped
Crank $799 shipped with reluctor
Pistons $9xx shipped
The following 2 users liked this post by LSleeper1500:
Guy with a Chevy (08-29-2024), Vega Racer (08-29-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 116 Posts

For cost and no full tilt build, I had good luck with Eagle stuff in SBC stuff in the past.
The following users liked this post:
Guy with a Chevy (08-29-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a friend that worked at a machine shop. His advice when I asked the same question was to buy a complete stroker kit from somewhere.
I dont know of any cast stroker cranks fot LS stuff.
He also said that with the cheaper stuff, it takes more labor and metal to balance correctly. By the time its done your pretty much at the price of a quality piece anyways.
The following 2 users liked this post by GMRL:
Guy with a Chevy (08-30-2024), Mark O'Neal (Yesterday)
Old 08-30-2024, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

cnc-motorsports has two stroker kits under 2k.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Keith
cnc-motorsports has two stroker kits under 2k.
I was going to order through them but they don't come balanced. Still debating it since they come cast pistons for longevity. I wish Summit would have some actual discounts. The promo code changed from LABORDAY to LABOR just for yesterday and after driving home thinking it was an actual discount to find the discount had not actually changed was a let down. To top it off Summit sends all that crap in every box talking about rewards and dreams of summit bucks and after years of shopping they never actually gave me anything? Like really just a big sham for what a tycoon they are. I stopped buying my gaskets and all the small stuff through them just easier and cheaper to get them from amazon.

Looks like when I order as it will only be a matter of time I am highly likely to try CNC Motorsports as from what I have heard they actually give promotions and discount codes to valuable members.

Last edited by Guy with a Chevy; 09-03-2024 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Launching!

This last July a friend told me he ordered a callies comp rotating assembly through Summit and recieved 10% off, Am I just chasing smoke or do they just randomly select who they do this for? I dont remember any special discounts in from summit the last 2 years that actually amounted to anything other than maybe 2-3% off on orders over 2k. I was thinking of waiting till Christmas time but it will probably be the same price gouging situation with no new promotions...
Old 09-03-2024, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Ok I just found out CNC motorsports promo codes are lies... The search continues lol
Old 09-03-2024, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Ive spent soooo much money with various big name vendors over the years. Never really received anything in the mail or email as far as promos or discounts. Other than that, never had a bad experience with any of them.
​​​The only time I have received any type of realt discount was when ordering during their holiday specials, or when ordering from their closeout sections.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMRL
Ive spent soooo much money with various big name vendors over the years. Never really received anything in the mail or email as far as promos or discounts. Other than that, never had a bad experience with any of them.
​​​The only time I have received any type of realt discount was when ordering during their holiday specials, or when ordering from their closeout sections.
What percentage of discount on a large purchase? The summit quality is somewhat there depending on what you get. I bought a large spring compressor from them that was bent one time before shipping as the package didn't have a single crease. The thing was overkill for almost about anything you could throw at it even made a joke when a friends asked me what it was I replied "thats for removing ball joints"!

Yeah kinda feel washed over for trying to be a dedicated Summit customer for the last 2 years. I just remembered a few days ago the only reason I switched from being a lifetime ebay/amazon/rockauto was the huge talk of promotions and summit bucks which was about the time spending got out of control with a few aftermarket projects I had and never realized I switched I guess.

The hint should have been when I didn't receive any speed points for a few large purchases of hard parts and gaskets. Even Autozone does a better job at keeping me coming back with every fifth purchase rewarding $25 of in store credit not to mention 10% off for being a veteran on any purchase.

I will make a decision by the end of the week of where to get this rotating assembly whether it be used, speed master or cnc motorsports I will save money and make sure our local machinist look it over for me before assembling.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guy with a Chevy
What percentage of discount on a large purchase? The summit quality is somewhat there depending on what you get. I bought a large spring compressor from them that was bent one time before shipping as the package didn't have a single crease. The thing was overkill for almost about anything you could throw at it even made a joke when a friends asked me what it was I replied "thats for removing ball joints"!

Yeah kinda feel washed over for trying to be a dedicated Summit customer for the last 2 years. I just remembered a few days ago the only reason I switched from being a lifetime ebay/amazon/rockauto was the huge talk of promotions and summit bucks which was about the time spending got out of control with a few aftermarket projects I had and never realized I switched I guess.

The hint should have been when I didn't receive any speed points for a few large purchases of hard parts and gaskets. Even Autozone does a better job at keeping me coming back with every fifth purchase rewarding $25 of in store credit not to mention 10% off for being a veteran on any purchase.

I will make a decision by the end of the week of where to get this rotating assembly whether it be used, speed master or cnc motorsports I will save money and make sure our local machinist look it over for me before assembling.
I my self am done with summit racing. They are good on returns and thats about it.
I been buying some things from Jegs but there returns policy sucks.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 345 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Vega Racer
I been buying some things from Jegs but there returns policy sucks.

I've been here awhile, and I have yet to see someone from Jeg's step in with technical advice, or help someone with an order problem...
Vega Racer (09-04-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Last big purchase from Summit was a short block. Free shipping to my door, that was nice. But no discounts. Amazon and ebay I only ever use for generic stuff. Random cheap tools, bulk hoses, stuff like that. I don't trust them, dont care if the box looks legit.
Rockauto I use quite a bit. I may get lucky and get a 5-10% promo code in my inbox once in a while. Also get a lot of stuff from their closeouts at good prices.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Also, not sure if you're open to piecing the rotating assy individually. But there is a K1 forged 4.0" LS1 crank on TSPs clearance section for $800.
Guy with a Chevy (09-03-2024)
Old 09-07-2024, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Would you guys mind telling me which one of these 2 kits you would go with?!

https://cnc-motorsports.com/catalog/.../category/967/

https://cnc-motorsports.com/gm-ls-6-...e-pistons.html

Not much info on he SRP pistons. I see both have all forged components and I am not too concerned with the 2cc difference in piston volume. The main difference I can see is the SRP has thicker piston rings, is that a optimal for longevity or are they for more compression power at the cost of more wear?

Wow ordering from out of state saves me $200 :]

Last edited by Guy with a Chevy; 09-07-2024 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2024, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 116 Posts

Eagle Budget Forged Stroker Rotating Assembly for Chevrolet GM LS Gen III IV LS2 LQ4 LQ9 LY6 6.0

Eagle Budget Forged Stroker Rotating Assembly for Chevrolet GM LS Gen – AMS RACING

And then get Summit to price match ?

Last edited by Doug G; 09-07-2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2024, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Would you guys mind telling me which one of these 2 kits you would go with?!

https://cnc-motorsports.com/catalog/.../category/967/

https://cnc-motorsports.com/gm-ls-6-...e-pistons.html

Not much info on he SRP pistons. I see both have all forged components and I am not too concerned with the 2cc difference in piston volume. The main difference I can see is the SRP has thicker piston rings, is that a optimal for longevity or are they for more compression power at the cost of more wear?

Wow ordering from out of state saves me $200 :]

why not piece together a kit that works for exactly what you want for that price? $800 crank, $4-600 rods, and have $6-800 to find a piston set?
Old 09-07-2024, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Is there a rule of thumb for wrist pin size when it comes to selecting your own rods and pistons for a 6.0 L76/LS2 block with a 4" stroke? Stick with .927 to have a wider selection? So if I was going to select my own parts I would go through summit to keep it simple. Any feedback on these summit stroker rods?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...make/chevrolet

Last edited by Guy with a Chevy; 09-07-2024 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2024, 04:55 PM
Launching!

The only problem I see with this is ordering everything while guessing compression with the given C.H.'s and piston dish volume although I do see that .927 wrist pin pistons have mostly 1.115 C.H. so i can I trust these numbers give or take .001-.002?
Old 09-07-2024, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 2,512 Posts

You might want to call Summit's tech dept and see what they say.
Tell them what you want to do, and they'll tell you the best way to go about it.
Jimbo1367 (09-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Stroker kit options 6.0 L76 under 2k