Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

9 sec club tag.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9 sec club tag.

As per nineballs sticky here is my thread. Here is my time slip.. Other information below the slip.

2002 Corvette Coupe 6speed
Basic build is a 383 stroker motor with a procharger D1SC and lots of meth. A set of AFR 225 heads along with a nice set of AR-1-7/8 headers. The driveline consist of a spec twin and built RKT56 TR6060 trans and also C6Z06 rear differential.

Car runs on pump gas and is driven to and from the track. Doesnt matter how hot or how cold. Has full interior and 6pt. roll bar. All accesories still in tact and still the AC blows cold.

Been chasing the 9 sec pass for quite sometime was getting a hard time at alot of tracks due to MPH and not reaching the 9`s. Finally after a long cold winter decided this year was gonna get out and get it done. Got some real good tuning help from (BlownBlueZ06) getting me set up with the tune. Took it to the local track on a Friday night street night and the car was running great air was nice and chilly... To keep from breaking the rules and getting tossed. I was letting out early and hitting the brakes. Here are some passes from that night... Car number 604 that night...

Its really tough to find good traction on a Friday night street racing night. If I would have stayed in gas the car would have done easy 9s on any of those passes.. After those passes I decided to burn a vacation day and go to a private rental to get my 9sec pass. Made the 263mile round trip with an extra set of rear tires in the car incase of the rain they called for and got the time slip in the top of the thread. I was down on some power as I made some changes the night before and really limited my abillity to make boost over 5000rpm but still made it happen. My plans are to get a little more familiar with the car as I switched back to the 26" tall tire because of the gear change in the diffferential... And hoping to run 9.7s by August and maybe even more when the cold air comes into play here in the Northeast.. Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

VERY nice job ! I know how tough that is to get everything just right and get the single digit slip from a C5,not nearly as simple as it sounds.Congrats on your driving,and a well put together car.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by highpockets
VERY nice job ! I know how tough that is to get everything just right and get the single digit slip from a C5,not nearly as simple as it sounds.Congrats on your driving,and a well put together car.
Thank you very much... Feels good to have that little Monkey off my back...
Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM
9 Second Club

I am in the club WHOOPIE!!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Great times with a 6spd!

How much power does the car make approx? Weight with driver?
Old 05-30-2011, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gnx7
Great times with a 6spd!

How much power does the car make approx? Weight with driver?
Car weight is about 3600 with driver... About 800rwhp..

Quick Reply: 9 sec club tag.