Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Canadian IRS Record 8.4 @ 170 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Canadian IRS Record 8.4 @ 170 MPH

The weather was looking hot and the GTR Boys were renting the track so we decided to get this whip ready last minute to go to the rental day.

When I brought the car to Wade @ Maximum Performance on Friday it was riddled with problems since it had been sitting at my shop for 3-4 years without testing. When i drove it into the dyno room, Wade told me the map sensor was out of it, I couldn't even keep my eyes open while running. I pulled it out and he was right, vacuum line was off it. This caused my wide band to fail because running so rich, so we replaced that. We did a pull on the waste gates and the car was heating up. Coolant system was not bled properly. At this point I was loosing hope, but that was an easy fix. Monday morning he calls me and says the boost controller decrease solenoid was screwed up, the car hit 38psi as soon as he stabbed the throttle. I called a couple local buddies and one had an extra AMS1000, so he sold it to me cheap and were off to the races.

Got to Toronto Motorsports Park and Wade told me lets do 300ft test hit which was very lucky as the car went toward the wall. This had me pinch a loaf as it was my first time ever driving an auto. We made some adjustments to the suspension and tire pressure and decided to do an 1/8th mile pass. The car was all over the track due to power and 5 year old tires. At this point I had considered asking him to drive for me as I was scared of the car. He had me raise the front of the car a little because the back was to high and unloading the suspension. Sweating like a fat bastard, I was again thinking of asking him to drive when he suited me up and said " Real Racers Sweat & Drive " I knew he wasn't taking no for an answer.

I got to the line and was getting better at staging the car by this point, did a great burnout, activate the boost controller and she left fairly soft. Grabbed second gear and she was waging the dog but I drove threw it. Grabbed the next gear and she nosed up and charged hard. Very first complete pass she set a Canadian Record !!!

8.40 @ 170 MPH

Name:  Show1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  107.5 KB

Name:  2014-02-14143948_zps47fbcc7b.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  slip_zpssgdqnkzs.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  17.1 KB

We decided to put a couple more psi off the line and out the back door. I was lining up for a second pass when we had the starter shorted out ... go figure. Maybe it was for the best considering the tires were hockey pucks.

I want to send a special thanks to Wade @ Maximum Performance for all his help. I would never have got it to the track without his help. Thank you
Old 01-04-2016, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

GT35R's make about 650-700rwhp each?

That is hauling on old tires!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes hp calculator says making 1350. We have not even pumped up the boost yet.

Quick Reply: Canadian IRS Record 8.4 @ 170 MPH