Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

8.5 cert requirements

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.5 cert requirements

so I have started my build witch I will be posting progress pic BTW so anyways I'm trying to figure out what all is needed for 8.5 cert I already have a 10 point roll cage what else is needed
Old 07-15-2017, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as the w Lee aren't junk you really only need a window net I believe.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 2017 rule book will be your friend on this. Along with the cage being cert'd, and up here the cert guy didn't care the window net wasn't installed, he wasn't inspecting that. Then net is a tech item at the track

So cage properly installed (don't forget the sill bars), net, clothing (gloves, double layer pants and jacket and sometimes shoes), license, and sfi stuff like a flex plate shield ansntrans sheild, sfi balancer, some want the engine blanket installed, parachute for for over 150, stock seats are fine with stock bolts, aftermarket seat needs a back support, proper seat belt installation, drive shaft loop, battery kill switch, there is some fuel stuff like no more than 12 inches of rubber fuel line, but most rubber braid is just fin

It's all in the rule book. Best 10 bucks you'll spend besides paying the man for the cage cert

Edit, don't forget once you get your nhra license, call up summit and jegs and get on there Pro shop discount racer account

Last edited by Nathaninwa; 07-15-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 8.5 cert requirements