Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Help Me Build My Car Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005 | 10:48 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
whatever class I qualify for I guess
This is not a well thought out plan here. Pick a class and design a car that will be competitive in that class. Do not just build something that's cool and then go looking for a class. Wanting to build a car and having the money to build and maintain a car are very different places.

Life is difficult (Buddha, circa 600 BC).
Old 04-29-2005 | 11:08 PM
Banned

Default new

I am new to this so i really don't know everything, i just know that I could be very competitive for the fastest LS1 I guess though everyone could if they had someone sponsor them, lol. I hope everything works out.
Old 04-30-2005 | 11:27 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

how could you be competitive for the fastest ls1? not trying to be a dick but from what i've read you have no clue what it takes to be competitve and go fast.
Old 04-30-2005 | 12:59 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I am shooting for a car that can outrun anything on the street and most of what is on the street driven class at the track.
An analogy would be, "Hey, let's fly to Tibet and climb Mount Everest." If you were an expert LS1 builder with $50,000 in your pocket and a bunch of time on your hands, this would be a reasonable goal.
Old 04-30-2005 | 11:32 PM
Banned

Default Guys:(

Hey guys, before we totally shoot my dreams down, lets thik about this. I might not know how to be the fastest, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that 1000+ HP at the wheels with the right tranny, suspension, rear end, and other factors= really fast, possibly close to 7.94 with the addition of NOS???? This is a "HELP" post, not a "Dream Crusing" , "You can't do this" post so remember that before either one of you guys post on this again, please, either help me, or don't post, just look. Now I understand the fact that I am a 19 year old in college probably scares about 95% of the maybe would be sponsors away and the other 5% probably never would have given me a chance considering all I have is some ideas and a TT setup, but I have the car, and most of the money to back it up. Now one way or another, I will finish this car, and it will be one of the fastest LS1's in the world, it would just get built faster if someone helped me gets some parts for it Thanks MAd Man for your help and I hope we can work something out
Old 05-01-2005 | 03:28 AM
Launching!

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah!
Old 05-01-2005 | 08:16 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I will finish this car, and it will be one of the fastest LS1's in the world
If it were running today, it will have to run low 8s or high 7s to be considered "one of the fastest LS1's in the world." For the third time, your goal is naive and totally unrealistic. As they say, You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. Which translates in your case to, build a street car, race it and gain some perspective on the magnitude of your current hopes.

I actually have the resources to build such an LS1 and compete for "the fastest LS1 in the world" title, but it's such an imposing task that I have chosen instead to compete in Top Sportsman, which is a bracket class where unsponsored cars can reasonable compete and win against faster sponsored cars.

I have children your age and am simply trying to insert some realism into your project.

Last edited by bickelfirebird; 05-01-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-01-2005 | 10:55 AM
Banned

Default ttt

I guess maybe you are right but since I can't get any sponsors, I can pretty much what ever I want to it, I guess it will just time. Thanks for your reality slap in the face bickle, I am only 19 and have a lot of dreams and wishes for my car. I wil not give up, and neve stop though until my WS6 isthe fastest LS1 in the world, no matter how long it takes
Old 05-01-2005 | 11:09 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Good luck, I like your attitude.
I guess maybe you are right but since I can't get any sponsors, I can pretty much what ever I want to it, I guess it will just time. Thanks for your reality slap in the face bickle, I am only 19 and have a lot of dreams and wishes for my car. I wil not give up, and neve stop though until my WS6 isthe fastest LS1 in the world, no matter how long it takes
Old 05-01-2005 | 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
Good luck, I like your attitude.
you might wanna wish him alotta luck because at the rate he's going he'll be striving for his asinine goal till the day he dies.
Old 05-01-2005 | 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 68maro
you might wanna wish him alotta luck because at the rate he's going he'll be striving for his asinine goal till the day he dies.
Hey dude, you think you could ease up on him a bit, instead of bein such a *****!!! Let him have some dreams and when the car is done and together, we'll all see what she does, and I wish him all the luck with gettin it there!!!

Good Luck Auctane, represent for us young folk, hehe!!!
Old 05-01-2005 | 10:20 PM
Banned

Default thanks loudmouthls1

ThanksLoudmouth, and 68 mare who the hell are you to tell me that I won't accomplish that goal ever??? Are you jealous becausewhen you were my age, you were probably didn't even have a piece of **** to call your car. So what you are older than me and as of right now your car is faster than mine, just wait buddy, you will have a foot in your mouth when I rip off a high 7. And even if I don't who cares in my opinion if you don't have a dream for your car, then why even have a car?? You are just the kind of DICK that this site does not need. Yea you are really cool trying to tell a 19 year old that he will never have the car he dreams of, I really hope you don't have kids, because you are probably one of those dad's who will say "no Johnny, you are not smart enough to be a astronaut", what a dick? What is your name as I would like to know what to put on the *** of my car when it runs the 7 seconds that I am going to build it too. That is a promise, no matter how long it takes, so have a great life,)) Also thanks to loudmouth ls1 and bickle
Old 05-02-2005 | 12:41 AM
Launching!

ok this is this same guy who called out my friend with a 9 sec mustang, everyone here thinks hes full of it. I know I'll run him whenever wherever. I aint scared. Actually I'll run him when he becomes worthy of my time and effort. He supposedly has a 6.0 in his car but got beat by a BOLTON 6spd ls1 I flagged all 3 races So this should show how much seriousness you should show this thread.
Old 05-02-2005 | 11:24 AM

names andy actually i'm 24 not that old. i do have a kid and she at 2 knows more about dragracing than you do at 19. when i was 16 i had an 11 sec car and by the time i was your age i had a 10 sec car that was together not just a pile of parts and dreams, i'm just offering a bit of reality call me a dick if you like but go to you're local track and see how many cars are there running 7's very few, how many 10,11,12 second cars alot, you think none of those people wish they had a 7 second car. look at this site dedicated to ls1's out of the entire country there is only one car to run in the 7's should be maybe 2-3 more this year. they are all purpose built shop racecars designed to run these times and have been trying to crack the barrier for a long time. i mean honestly do you have any idea what it takes to do what you idiotically claim. you have a shell and some parts. you'll have 25,000 dollars just in a chassis to get it to 25:1sfi specs 4,000 in a quality fab 9" with axles and brakes, 4,500 dollars in a glide and 1,500 in a converter, we haven't even got into wheels tires, electronics, safety equipment, or any of the other million things that nickle and dime you to death. you don't even have a clue of what class to run to even build the car for. not trying to be a dick just putting your goals into perspective.
Old 05-02-2005 | 02:20 PM
Banned

Default he he he

Number 1, WS600red or whatever your name is, lets see, #1 all you have is a cam, right, and you only ran a 12.7 correct, oh and btw that car is your daddy's, not yours. I asked to meet you, but your were too scared, thought so, and I do have a 6.0, and you yourself admitted to hearing it slip, you know that Doc raced my bro as well, not me, not saying that the outcome would have came out any better, but none the less he raced my lil bro. Now with a screwd tranny I might not could have beat him, but I gaurentee you something, why don't you quit talking **** for him, and let him do some, he is so scared of me, that he gets other poepl to talk ****. You think your daddy's car is bad, huh, I guess since you aren't afraid to race anyone with your MTI H/C package that makes you bad, right, get a clue dumbass, I didn't call the 67 stang out, I was kidding with the guy, you see that is why he didn't get mad dipshit, he knows it, and I highly doubt he would be friends with a dork like you who tries and say that there dad's car is their own, he he he. So if you want to talk anymore **** to my face, just tell me where to meet you, son

Now as far as 68 camaro goes, no more talking **** on my end, if it happens it happens, then when I run 7's, I will be pming you to let you in on the great news. Seriously there was a better and nicer way to say that it is going to be really hard to run 7's. And I highly doubt that you little 2 year old girl nows that a 1/4 is 1320 ft
Old 05-02-2005 | 04:18 PM
Launching!

haha, nowonder noone likes you. I never once ever tried to claim the car as mine, as much time and effort as we put into it, its a car for both of us to work on. I would run you, but it'd be pointless, and I dont think with you driving that it wouldve made a damn difference or not, 3 car lengths is 3 car lengths. Doc isn't scared of you, he's said multiple times to come back and he'll beat you again. Have you showed up yet? No...
Old 05-02-2005 | 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

this is a funny thread where is the popcorn at
Old 05-02-2005 | 06:34 PM
Banned

Default ttt

So ok well tell your boyfriend my car will be done soon, and yes when someone has their car listed in their sig, it usually means that it is their car. And btw who doesn't me? Doc, Nick Woods, like I really care if two priks like me, anyways no more talking **** on my thread, you wanna talk anymore ****, just pm me where to meet me at and we can do it, thanks,

Jon
Old 05-02-2005 | 06:47 PM

just curious what is the fastest you've been? 1/8, 1/4 and 60'
Old 05-02-2005 | 07:08 PM
Banned

Default tired of arguing

Ok guys this isn't fun anymore, the fastest 1/4 Ihave been was a 7.89 in my customized RX7. It had all of the upgrades that are possible plus it had 18 or 19 inch rims on it. I don't think it was street legal, but I drove it on the street alot. I smoked like every mustang or GTO I came up against. I used to tune it for 1/4 all by a touch of a button...... Yeah Need For Speed Underground II was a really cool game OK 68 camaro you are far wiser than me when it comes to drag racing, and your Einstein 2 year old daughter knows way more about drag racing then me, so yippy, happy, this was fun, Brian, I have called you out, so this is me saying either shut up talking **** or tell me where to meet you, you wicked Keyboard fighter, I hope this will be the last stupid post, if not, I am just going to delete it and start another one when I need help Ihope I have entertained many

Quick Reply: Help Me Build My Car Please!!!