Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Do You Have The Fastest Street Car! New Tv Show On Speed Quick 8

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:27 PM
Teching In

Default Do You Have The Fastest Street Car! New Tv Show On Speed Quick 8

Thanks for reading my name is Brian Bossone i own E.L.D. performance .I also have been brought on with a new show on Speed tv called QUICK 8 . the show will air july of this year and will be a fastest street car style event. we are looking for the fastest street car in america . I will be a co host and also in charge of casting . i have added some links below , if you think you have the fastest street car or no someone who does contact me. The rules are also listed on the links , thanks and good luck

brianbossonequick8@gmail.com
myspace.com/quickeight
launchhour.tv/quick8.html
launchhour.tv
Old 03-27-2007 | 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

redhead Jerry is your kid?
Old 03-28-2007 | 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

How fast do you have to be you think?
Old 03-28-2007 | 12:15 PM
9 Second Club

Low 8's high 7's would be my guess
Old 04-16-2007 | 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

that sounds like a great idea!
Old 04-16-2007 | 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quick 8 Street Car Tournament This show/event is very simple.

I want to know who has the fastest street car. A street car will be defined by a vehicle in compliance with the rules listed below and able to complete a no B.S. cruise led by me in a pace car. The cruise will be held at significant (not outrageous) speed on a closed circuit oval track.

The length of the cruise will be determined by me on the fly from behind the wheel of the pace car. Each car will get two qualifying runs before the cruise to determine their position in line for the cruise. If a car breaks down on the cruise they are out of the tournament and the car behind them takes their position on the qualifying ladder.

When the cruise is complete the field for the tournament is set. The fastest 8 cars that qualify and complete the cruise compete in a heads up shootout, Hot Lap style, winner take all race.

There will be 5 races total. Each race will be its own episode. The top two cars from the first 4 races earn a spot in the 5th and final Championship race.

Quick 8 Street Car Rules

1 Cars must weigh a minimum of 3000lbs with driver

2 Cars must retain the stock frame rails (notching for clearence is allowed)

3 Cars must retain the factory Dash and stock apearing interior

4 Cars must retain the factory Glass in all windows

5 Cars must compete on a DOT approved drag radial tire. MT, Goodyear, BFG, and NITTO are all acceptable tires

6 Cars must pass NHRA tech inspection

7 Major engine and or power adder components must not be replaced at any time during the races, qualifying, or cruise.

8 Any front and rear suspension combination is allowed as long the stock frame rails remain in their factory location

9 Interpretation of these rules is ultimately judged by Nate Pritchett and the Quick 8 technical staff. If we do not feel that the car competes within the spirit of a street car you will be eliminated from competition.

10 Cars must be street legal : working headlights , tailights ,blinkers ,etc.

11 All rules subject to change at the discretion of Nate Pritchett

FAQ’s
Q: Are there any engine size/combination limitations?
A: No, this is a run what you brung shootout. Anything goes

Q: Will this be televised?
A: Yes, SPEED will air these episodes as part of Rich Christensen’s Launch Hour (www.launchhour.tv) this fall in a primetime time slot.

Q: How many cars will be accepted for the races?
A: We are accepting 32 cars.

Q: Who should I contact to get on the show?
A: Either Adam Pritchett (senior@shockermotorsports.com) or Brian Bossone with ELD Performance (brianbossonequick8@gmail.com)

Q: How many races will there be?
A: 5 races/episodes will be filmed

Q: Can I compete in multiple episodes?
A: Yes, As long as you are not one of the top two in each shootout, you are eligible to compete in as many other races as possible

Q: Is there a series champion?
A: Yes, the top two racers from each episode automatically qualify to compete in the 5th and final episode to determine the series champion.

Q: Is there a payout?
A: Absolutely. The winner of the first 4 episodes will receive $2,500 CASH on the spot.

Q: Is there a Championship prize?
A: Of course there is…details to follow.

Q: When will this be filmed?
A: June, 2007 tentatively

Q: Will I need to take off work to compete in the series?
A: Yes, you will need to take a full week of vacation to compete in the entire series

Q: Where will you be taping?
A: Location undetermined, somewhere on the east coast has been agreed upon.

Q: Will we be able to work on the cars after the cruise?
A: Yes. Nate Pritchett will determine the amount of time the racers have to prepare their cars for the shootout.

Note: Major engine components may not be replaced during this time. For example, If you have a turbo car you may not replace the turbo before the shootout. Any and all repairs must be reported and approved by Nate Pritchett.
Old 04-17-2007 | 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Is there not going to be a limit on fuel type?

Last edited by Blu Dawg; 04-18-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Do You Have The Fastest Street Car! New Tv Show On Speed Quick 8