Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

little advice on a 454 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Juiced:

If you can, please PM me some of these shop names. 1000hp motor for that kind of cash is unheard of around my parts.

Like I said before I'm a guy who likes to have the insurance of high quality parts. When your spending that kind of money to me the extra 2-3K is worth it. I guess to each his own. I've always stuck by the principal of do it right the first time so you don't have to worry about future upgrades or abuse.

I'll agree with you that a lot of builders charge for the name but some shops your paying for their expertise and their proven results Steve Morris for example.

~Jim~
Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

big displacement plus turbo=
Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BassProCamaro97
Juiced:

If you can, please PM me some of these shop names. 1000hp motor for that kind of cash is unheard of around my parts.

Like I said before I'm a guy who likes to have the insurance of high quality parts. When your spending that kind of money to me the extra 2-3K is worth it. I guess to each his own. I've always stuck by the principal of do it right the first time so you don't have to worry about future upgrades or abuse.

I'll agree with you that a lot of builders charge for the name but some shops your paying for their expertise and their proven results Steve Morris for example.

~Jim~
Sometimes parts like Summit parts are cheap but are another brand just a different label. Summit bearings are in reality King bearings. A lot of the big power guys run them. The IK series or whatever Brodix SBC heads you can get with a Summit name on them for like $400 less. At least one guy had them show up in Brodix boxes.... The summit AN fittings are made by Earl's....

You have a PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Juiced:

Thanks again for the info.

I understand what your saying about rebranded parts. I personally have not had that much expirence with rebranded parts so I can't really comment on it but I know it happens.

I like summit they are good about standing behind their products. I could see using rebranded items from them. I have never had a problem getting items refunded or replaced from summit.

Any whoo, to the OP do your home work and get started.

Good luck.

~Jim~

Quick Reply: little advice on a 454 swap