Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

7 year project help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 7 year project help!!!

Does anyone know of a place here in the Charlotte NC or Rock Hill area that will finish this 68 Chevelle for me. It has been to 7 shops and no one will finish it.

Whats left:
1. Replace one inner fender (part is in the car) not required but I would like the engine bay at least painted over...(bag the engine and do the best you can without taking the engine out)
2. Install the vinyl top (OEM top parts are in the car along with the molding)
the oil dip stick and the trans dip sticks need to be swapped for chrome ones (parts are in the car as well)
3. Now for the BIGGEST part!!
Wire the car up. The factory harness is there and the signals dont flash. I have changed the flasher and I was told by many to just rewire the car. The dash lights dont work either. That series wiring is a BEAST!!!

I know you are thinking ok ANYONE can do this. All I can say is 7 shops. I dont want to put a million dollars into it because I am selling it. I do want the things above done tho.

Any input would be appreciated. I can pull the car to where ever but because the car has already been ripped off once and damaged twice at different shops I would like some place close to me. Its been 7 years guys...

Each shop starts on it and lets it sit so I usually get one thing done per 5 months. The stories behind this car could fuel a year long TV series.

Thanks in advance.

www.webshots.com/user/ssdungeon

oh yeah and the car may be posessed... that may have something to do with it.