Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Best streetable SBC intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone recognize what my old intake manifold is? I cant tell what kind of Edelbrock. Im gonna try to sell it off.

Name:  HPIM1425.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  124.4 KB
Old 12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1
Anyone recognize what my old intake manifold is? I cant tell what kind of Edelbrock. Im gonna try to sell it off.

Looks like an Edelbrock Performer intake with the spreadbore flange. I could be wrong though. RPM range for this intake is idle-5500.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1

That SP2-P intake is an ancient intake, older than probably half the people on this forum. I believe it was a fuel economy intake manifold made back in the '70's. The Performer intake is a huge upgrade over this old intake. Bob
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edelbrock quit making the SP2P to make the Performer. I had one of these on one of my old Pontiac's. I ran the same e.t. as a street dominator BUT (being a bracket racer) it wouldnt' recover after you "blipped" it at the end of the track. Great intake for a mild street motor.

You might want to Helicoil the threads to make it more presentable.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tittan1500
So your asking basic ? about intakes and making under 350HP but your shooting for 900HP

I think you should buy a new intake in a few years when you get to that power level. If you are serious about the 900HP than the $200 for a new intake will be so insignificant to your total budget required for the big HP build.
His intake choice on a 307 might be just a little bit like your avatar.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all you guys who think they know what their talking about.
And those of you who put down anything made in China. You are just believe anything someone tells you or you read on the internet.
Let me say this about that, The prove is in the testing. Just because someone whats to save $200- $500 on heads and intake does not mean the parts are crap.
If a Hurricane intake ran crappy for you it was your head, cam, carburetor combo, not the Chinese intake .
ProComp did have a few problems when they first came out with their Aluminum heads, but they fixed the problems and you can get within 20HP of any American made head( of the same size combustion camber and port CC).
Read and learn something and stop being racist and closed minded. http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...t/viewall.html

Quick Reply: Best streetable SBC intake manifold?