Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

turbo 400 trans help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo 400 trans help!!!!!!!!

hey guys so i recently got a JW full manual th400 off craigs for 900 rebuilt. when i got it he told me it had a t brake but he didnt have the solenoid anymore he just put one of those ati plugs where the acumulator goes and so far the thing works great.

so i decided to go ahead and buy a solenoid so i can run the brake so i put the solenoid in today and i have not hooked it up because i have never used one so i went to back it up into my garage untill i read the coorect way to use it before i brake something and now reverse just loads down the motor but doesnt do anything you can feel it kinda want to go backwards but just doesnt.

im sorry for the long writing but i just dont want to leave anything out.

so should i hook it up and see when i push the button the thing goes in reverse?? or is there something wrong??

it went in reverse just fine when the plug was in there and now it dont do **** but go forward.

thanks and sorry for being such a fucktard but this is my first auto, i miss my jericho!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong section. But I will try to answer the best I can. When you use a t-brake, you have to put the tranny in nuetral and hold the t-brake button to activate reverse. At least that is how most that I have seen being done.