Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Tpi vette making me crazy!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpi vette making me crazy!!!

I'm working on a 1990 TPI 350 Corvette. It has a problem where it runs great when cold and once it warms up it won't idle and becomes undriveable. Here is history. The car isn't driven much, spends a lot of time in the garage. Had a running issue and found an injector that wasn't pulsing, replaced injector everything seemed fine. Then this started. It is a speed density set up (no MAF). The PCM isn't setting any codes. So far the following has been replaced --- everything in distributor (cap, rotor, module, pick up coil), plugs, wires, TPS, IAC, MAP, O2 sensors, and the PCM its self. Tried cleaning carbon out of throttle body, Unhooked exhaust at manifolds thinking a clogged catalytic converter may be causing it. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS. Once it cools down, its fine until it warms back up. And when the problem starts its a sudden quick thing. I need to get this car outta here, anyone ever experience this problem?? I also checked on TSB's on alldata and there was one about a wiring harness that goes across the back of the motor getting messed up in a certain spot, i checked all of that and the wires were fine.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

one other thing, when i replaced the plugs there was no evidence of a leaking head gasket.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had this issue when my injectors went south, also be sure to check the fuel pressure. Head gasket can do that too, once it heats up, they start leaking and causing rough running. I had no evidence of leaking gaskets other than watching the coolant bubble up from the pressure getting into the system.

Search this Thread