Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

LT1 crank hub

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 crank hub

hi everybody, I am in the process of installing a LT1 into my 1997 K1500. And well I gott into a snag, I have two hub's one short and one mid length I currently have the mid length mounted, and 0.1250 shim under the ballencer. It still does not line up the belts correctly. So with all of that said "does anybody have a long one 4.0xx that I could purchase?" I can shim it some more but I dont like that idea too well! thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

I take it you are using the 97's accessories? Do you know what the LT1 hubs are off of?

I would measure the balancer off the the engine that came out of the 97. You should be able to measure from the end that seats against the crank gear to where the ribs start on the pulley. That should give you how much its spaced out from the crank.

An easier way is to take both balancers and lay them upside down on a table. That way you can see the difference. You may have to have the longer LT1 hub machined down to get the correct spacing.

Quick Reply: LT1 crank hub