Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

What kind of cam did my dad toss in his 67 ss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012 | 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default What kind of cam did my dad toss in his 67 ss?

Hey all,

Don't know much about cams yet. Well, I keep teaching myself over and over, but I still have yet to do any cam work myself so I have a bit of trouble retaining it....

Anyways, my pops had his 350 rebuilt in his 67 camaro ss 350 and they tossed in this cam.
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...?csid=106&sb=0
Just looking for some feedback on how aggressive this is on a basically stock motor (stock 4 barrel, manifolds, and a pipes x-pipe with magnaflow out back) otherwise. With the rebuild he also switched from a powerglide to a muncie 4-speed and tossing some some 3.73's in the factory 12 bolt.

He and I'd both like a few opinions. To me it sounds Nasty as all get out, at least for my dad, mr. ultra conservative.

Thanks!

and few pics from when it was over here for a bit...

Old 06-13-2012 | 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

IMHO, the cam itself is fairly mild, but with that 108 intake centerline, its going to have some pretty good chop. If it dosent surge at low engine speeds, and idles in traffic decently, id say its a good street cam with a "****-nasty" idle. Just my .02. Eric L
Old 06-13-2012 | 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup very mild cam indeed. Nice car btw!

A set of decent headders would help alot with that cam as well.

Dirty
Old 06-13-2012 | 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks he just fixed a rough idle /run issue with the carb so I'll have to let you know how it sounds next time I see it.

I'm sorry no headers for him. Its #s matching restored to stock condition aside from the x pipe and swap to a stock offered 4speed

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: What kind of cam did my dad toss in his 67 ss?