Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Big block chevy twin turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013 | 06:18 PM
Teching In

Default Big block chevy twin turbo build

I am thinking of building a twin turbo big block I just want some of your guys input on it. I just want to know what the besy way to build this and be able to run boost without blowing everything up
Old 06-22-2013 | 02:52 PM
Launching!

One of those topics that if you have to ask, you're in over your head. Most guys that i know who race them already have sponsors or a well developed track background and many passes under their belts as well as the licenses for the track. With a setup like that you would also want to know what divisions you can run in and what the rulebooks allow - you're playing in big boy territory. Unless you have $80,000 to throw away for fun.

TT BBC's are deep into the 5's and 6's in the 1/4 assuming you find traction. The biggest problem is not how to build the motor. The biggest problem comes from the years of experience that will be required in knowing when to get out of it, tuning the suspension for a specific track's response, knowing what parts will need constant maintenance, and having the ***** to drive it WOT.

You dont just built a TT big block and ask for input. That is something that involves a lot of everything - time, money, and experience.

Last edited by SS10Tech; 06-22-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2013 | 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

This guy^ He knows what he is talking about. We need more info regarding what are your main goals.

Quick Reply: Big block chevy twin turbo build