Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

sbc 355 twin turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sbc 355 twin turbo build

So I have a SBC 355 in my old 80 k10, been wanting some more reliable power and more power. I have a twin turbo set up I am putting together to throw at it (mind you this is my daily driver so its not a race build, low A/R's and baby compressors, not exceeding 6000 rpm) and I am wanting to put a TBi system on it and have been looking into the Holley terminator as it is compatible with boosted setups. What am wanting from you guys is some input on what kind of ignition/fi combo you have used and what I can expect from that specific system. As well as if you have done something like what I am describing. This is a project I also will be retro-modding some newer 3/4 ton suspension and bracing/enclosing the chassis.

P.S. Please please please, I do not care to hear about how I should do this or that instead. I have listed what my intentions are so I beg of you, please keep it relative to the above criteria.

P.S.S. I know I can research what other people have done, but this forum is geared towards LT&LS base so gen1 info is few and far between.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by IAKid51; 05-04-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Wanted to give more project info
Old 05-05-2015, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Hello, the terminator ECU is the same as the Hp and all the others that Holley offers except the dominator. They can all handle boost. They're very user friendly and a great system. I have the Hp on one of my cars (naturally aspirated) and love it. I think you really have to look at the injectors in the TBI setup. You're going to need quite a bit of fuel for a twin turbo gig and I'd guess the injectors would be too small. Easy enough to change although I'm not sure you could get it done with only four injectors. They'd have to be HUGE! Might be somethin you want to look into. Good luck and keep a posted.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fast system on my sbc. I have the sportsman ecu and the 2.0 throttle body. Ignition I have the fast cd box coil and dist. All work together flawlessly. I have also used professional products projection in the past. It's not a horrible kit. Very user friendly but doesn't have some of the little stuff fast does.

Quick Reply: sbc 355 twin turbo build