Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

seeking information

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seeking information

Good day ladies and gents

I have took it upon myself to rebuild a SBC that I have had in my basement for 20 odd years, the cam that is in it is new but I cannot find any information on it. the only identification on it is the number 942355 and C103 which comes up as an Assault shaft which hasn't been in biz as long as I have had this cam. I was told it was a wolverine solid shaft but I am having some serious doubts. Anyone have some insight into this issue
any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Teching In

The only info I came up with came back on the C103 number, if correct, it's a pretty big cam for the street. It'll require a nice set of after market heads and a big stall converter if ran with an automatic transmission, even then, it may be a little nasty for the street. It's specs are found on this link.

http://www.assaultracing.com/item/12...yword=ARC+C103
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 AM

Idid see that on the great WWW, from what I understand Assault racing hasn't been around as long as I have had this shaft sitting on a shelf(20+ years), unless I have been misinformed
Old 04-12-2017, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Cam Doctor

Hi, I have used a Cam Doctor to measure a camshaft when NOT fitted into the block.
Crower Cams can measure this camshaft if you send it to Ramiro.

Lance
Old 04-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Any way you can get a local machinist to bring over a mag base and a travel indicator? Won't help figure out duration or LSA, but could very easily determine the exact lift specs, one piece of the puzzle. And just about any machinist (engine machinist or more common, manufacturing machinist) should have a mag base and travel indicator.

Quick Reply: seeking information