Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Supercharged '99 Vortec 454, 0411 PCM, 4x

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharged '99 Vortec 454, 0411 PCM, 4x

Hello, all, I'm on my second 0411 build (last was an LQ4 rebuilt into a 6.2L LQ9, essentially). Now building a '99 Vortec 454, essentially rebuilding it to stock specs with the only change being a ZZ502 cam and associated springs to make it work reliably. I'm using the Tunerpro software, an 0411 PCM with 2002 Chevy Express L31/4L80E bin, modified as necessary for my engine. Intake manifold base will be the factory Vortec unit, I've tig-welded an experimental upper manifold to test out a theory (I think I found the flaw in the upper plenum), should free up ~15 HP and allow the engine to rev to 5K.

Here's the catch. After I get the engine up and running reasonably well, I'll be adding larger injectors, a Jimmy 6-71 blower on top (using a fabricated upper plenum mount), and an Enderle bug-catcher to top it off. Targeted boost of 5#, due to the existing compression ratio of the L29 (9:1). I'll be using a stock-type TPS and MAP, no worries.

My question is how to increase the MAP readings of 5 kPa per row, i.e., 10 additional rows, from 110 to 150 or 160 kPa.

I've been digging for three days, trying to make sense of the Hex editor, to understand how to increase all the tables with MAP readings... but I'm lost .

Still trying to get this worked out while the engine is at the machine shop...

If someone out there could modify the stock L31 file to accomplish this, I'd be happy to pay you for your time... Any takers???

Quick Reply: Supercharged '99 Vortec 454, 0411 PCM, 4x