Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

So Who Has Done The Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Nick, word on the street is that you have a front and midplate that I could use for my 540/572 BBC in my 95 camaro..... haven't gotten done arguing with the engine builder about final cubic inches yet... he says 540 and i say 572 but regardless I want to motor plate it......

Got any info on pricing, etc???? word is that you guys at APE make one as well as Madman..... I'd rather not send my k-member back to BMR or worse have to sell it at 50% off and buy another one.... I"ll just take the motor mounts off the one I have and use the front/mid plates.....

And hey Brady without letting the cat out the bag I heard that sound clip of that 540 when it was in your car and LOVE the way that thing sounds.... Can you let me know what cam and specs, and compression and exhaust you were using????? just to get an idea on how much cam and squeeze it's gonna take to get it sounding like that bad ****..... you can pm me if you want..... Thanks bro....
Old 12-25-2004, 06:01 AM
xxx
Launching!

Originally Posted by 572BBC4thgen

And hey Brady without letting the cat out the bag I heard that sound clip of that 540 when it was in your car and LOVE the way that thing sounds.... Can you let me know what cam and specs, and compression and exhaust you were using????? just to get an idea on how much cam and squeeze it's gonna take to get it sounding like that bad ****..... you can pm me if you want..... Thanks bro....
We don't have the cams spec sheet anymore. The cam wasn't near as nasty as it sounded. Our new big block has a cam that looks like it was carved out with an axe. It should pound the ground!!!!!!! Maybe Brady will remember.... As far as nitrous goes, we had it on a single plate, and we never got over a 325 shot.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone else? These look killer guys!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it'll be about 3 months til mine project starts the assembly process or is at least in the car. waiting sucks!

later,
Dave
Old 03-12-2005, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Over the last couple of weeks I've working on putting a 385 SBC in a 94 Camaro. The engine is just about complete, and the trans will be built this week. Then next weekend I'll start installing it. I've thrown together a little 383 with a nice little Crower cam, a dominator carb and a Big Shot system. I'm putting it together to bring it to our Event in April, I work for Year One. As I start getting everything together I'll post some pics.

Brady or Nick, do either of you have a drawing with the measurements of you front engine plate. I need to get the measurements from the lower front bolt holes to the frame and how high the step is so that I can cut mine and get it close. I measured another car, and came up with 11" from the bolts to the frame on the driver's side and then 10" on the pass side. Is the engine offset that much?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Should know on the car Tuesday if I am trading for it or not..
Old 02-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Default 540" big block on 94 camaro

Originally Posted by Brady
540" 9.8" deck big block

Same motor, different car, dry plate setup went 5.30's @ mobile dragway.

380" Dart small block 9-teens shaking it down.
hi,
Can any body help me finding headers fit my 94 camaro with 540" big block
Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

I used hooker 2455's in my car. As far as I know thats the only option without having a set custom made. Even with those,some modification is needed. Do a search,this has been covered many times.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Teching In

I don't need to be threadjack or anything, but it's basically relevant, being as I have a 96 Camaro and picked up a 5.7L 350 tbi off somebody for incredibly cheap, thinking I could just break it down, and build it back up with lt1 parts. Then, to my great dismay, it was pointed out that the majority of parts weren't interchangable between the gen I and gen II engines. So now, I have a 1990 5.7L tbi 350, and am curious if it's possible to break it down, and either make it tpi, or just carburate it? I'm a complete noob to underhood work, I mostly deal with autobody, and understand completely the best way to learn is hands on -which's why I got it. Is there anything anybody here can tell me about what possibilities would be compatible with it? Can I use just about anything from any gen I sbc, and if so, could I get a setup off of a sbc tpi, and just convert it in that manner? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Fastest thing to do would be to grab a new intake manifold, HEI distributor and a carb. You could convert it to a TPI with just the intake but what are you going to use to run it? Do you have the TBI harness and computer?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Really, all I have thus far, is a 96 camaro shell [with the 4l60e trans, no engine, no harness, or computer, and it has a 150 mph cluster setup (tho vin says it was originally a 6 clinder), a 3.43 differential with disc setup (that's been said to have came off a 94 z28), and a flowmaster exhaust that's not attached. Then of course the motor, that would need machined, blasted, and basicaly cleaned up in seemingly every way (which I personally find as no trouble, except maybe the machining part, bc I have no clue as to how much it costs normally). That's why before I take any step further, I'd like to get some ideas from people who know their stuff (and its evident, PLENTY of people on this site do).
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this is limited to LT1 cars or not but all well.......

Plenty of room to chance the spark plugs

If my fiance decides she does not want to build a 57 Chevy then I would like to swap a BBC into a LT1 Z.....

Only problem is changing the pulgs...............

Quick Reply: So Who Has Done The Swap?