Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

6-71 Blown SBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Question 6-71 Blown SBC

My friend has a blown 67 camaro with a 350. He is having problems with the crankcase building excessive amounts of pressure, and this is causing oil to be forced out of the engine through the pcv valve, and this goes into the blower. The car has dart iron eagle 2.02 1.60 heads, scat crank, eagle rods, and 7.5:1 compression. If a breather is cut into the other valve cover and doesn't solve the problem, what will? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man, let me pass on something very easy that a new friend of mine said he does with his 8 sec. car and i plan to do on mine. you have the costly route of going with a vaccuum pump by Moroso, or Aerospace, or some other brand. then you have the simple route, which should not only be cheap, but wont rob power like the Moroso because there is no pulley. for the last few years, he's been running an electric smog pump out a c5 Corvettes, and plums it through the pcv valve. it's supposed to be very simple. ground wire, hot wire to a relay, and the relay to something that turns on when the car is running so you never forget to turn it on or off. hope that helps you, and others who may look into an alternative route to a belt driven vaccuum pump. btw-it pulls in the neighborhood of 13-14"s of vaccuum too!

later,
Dave
Old 12-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

May not be that easy. That engine will build some crankcase pressure from the blower, but it sounds like it has other issues. Might want to check into it further.

Quick Reply: 6-71 Blown SBC