Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

For those that have put a SBC in a 4th Gen...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbed4thGen
Your stock k-member will work but you'd have to use a motorplate. Or you can go aftermarket k-member with no motor mounts (drop some weight) and use a motorplate again. Or you can get the BMR unit that has the SBC motormounts. And lastly you can use the LT1 motor mounts but only 2 of the bolts line up. That's only if you want to take the chance

Any LT1 header will work since its the same 23 degreed head

ACTUALLY HE HAS ANOTHER OPTION...APPLETREE RACING MAKES A CUSTOM MOTOR MONT FOR YOUR APPLICATION AS WELL. I WENT THAT ROUTE. CHROMOLLY AND USES ALL THE MOUNT HOLES. I PAID 149 FOR THEM AND THEY ARE REALLY NICE...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonylittell
ACTUALLY HE HAS ANOTHER OPTION...APPLETREE RACING MAKES A CUSTOM MOTOR MONT FOR YOUR APPLICATION AS WELL. I WENT THAT ROUTE. CHROMOLLY AND USES ALL THE MOUNT HOLES. I PAID 149 FOR THEM AND THEY ARE REALLY NICE...

ahh ok I did not know that that's some good info to know
Old 11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonylittell
Did you get my pm?

Quick Reply: For those that have put a SBC in a 4th Gen...