Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

ignition problems please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ignition problems please help!!!

i replaced the starter on my car (91 z 305 tpi) and while i was at it i tore the intake off to fix the leak it had in the rear, i put everything back together accept dropping in the distributor, i go to crank the motor so i can get he #1 cyl at TDC, and nothing happens, then after holding the key on for about 3 seconds a relay starts buzzing under the dash and then one under the hood on the drivers side, what does this mean?? Is it no good? i m not quite sure what went wrong, it seems like i have no ignition power at all, anyone know whats goin on? thanks

Brandon
Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the wires on the starter. maybe the one on the solenoid that goes to s is grounding out on something?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Teching In

i had a problem just like that... the ground grounds out on the back of the intake...idk if ur problem is the same...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does the starter even click or nothing? If the solenoid doesnt click check your vats system. Sometimes the little wires will break. Use a multimeter and and check the resistance in your key then splice the same resistance resistor in circuit with the vats system. Heres a diagram....this is a very common problem.
Attached Thumbnails ignition problems please help!!!-vats_bypass-small.jpg