Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Help me identify a set of BBC cylinder heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me identify a set of BBC cylinder heads

I received a set of BBC cylinder heads for free from my uncle. He says that when he got them, he had no information on them. They're aluminum, have no manufacturer stamped anywhere on them, and the ports look really huge and fantastic. Whatever they are, they don't appear to be anything that GM ever stuck on a factory big block. Rectangular intake ports, Comp Cams rocker studs and connectors, and this is an all new set that has clearly never been used.

I can take pictures later, but so far is this clicking with anybody? I can't imagine that too many cylinder head manufacturers leave no markings of their make on the heads. No GM casting numbers in any obvious place either.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Teching In

OK, found these numbers on the head:

PJ3010-454-0602

Mean anything to anyone?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Sounds like they might be the Pro Comp heads. Pictures will help especially of the guides in the bowl areas, the Pro Comps have a very large guide in them. The 3010 part number doesn't match their current number system, but they have changed it a couple of times so it could be the old number, is it just below the valve cover and above the exhaust ports?

Quick Reply: Help me identify a set of BBC cylinder heads