Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

best guide to rebuilding a SBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best guide to rebuilding a SBC

its been over 7 years since i've put an engine together so i'm a bit on the rusty side to remember all of the specs and how to's

SO anyone know of a good book to pick up or online guide with tips and tricks to rebuilding(more along the lines or just reassembling) a sbc?

i have a 350 here that is bored 30 over, w/ new forged pistons, stock rods and a full felpro gasket set along w/ bearings for everything. block is a 4 bolt main. so i have pretty much everything i need to assemble the short block besides the memory to remember all of the little steps and clearance numbers to check

anyways since the block has been sitting around for 2-3 years @ my buds place and it does have a bit of saw dust on it(no rust tho) i'm gonna drop it off @ a local MS to have them hot tank it one more time for me just for the heck of it .. otherwise i just need to throw the short block together and start to find a good set of heads for it. pistons should be 9.5:1 TRW's i think so i'm looking for something that can help make the most out of that low of a CR. engine might see low boost in the furture as i am a bit of a boost junkie so

thanks