Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

TPI build ideas help??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPI build ideas help??

I am about to purchase a 350 shortblock, but I still need heads and a cam, its going in a 90 formula, that now has a tpi 305, I wanna keep tpi, or maybe do an lt1 intake. but I need a simple build to follow, I have no clue what heads or cam to buy? does anyone have a link, or some ideas that would keep me on a budget? thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Scrap the tpi intake and go with a lingenfelter mini ram or covert the lt1 intake or convert a carb intake.The tpi intake only flows something like 400 cfm which wont give you any power with a modded motor.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JAY ROD
Scrap the tpi intake and go with a lingenfelter mini ram or covert the lt1 intake or convert a carb intake.The tpi intake only flows something like 400 cfm which wont give you any power with a modded motor.
The lingenfelter intake is called Super Ram TPIS makes the Mini Ram .....

With that being said with a street car stay with fuel injection the throttle response and drivability is better I would suggest a Holley Stealth Ram its good bang for the buck as far as intake but there are people putting down really good numbers with SLP runners ported bases and good heads some very close to 400 RWHP not bad for a shitty "mullet mobile"

check over at thirdgen.org plenty of tech info there