Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

"NEW" ENGINE, Upgrades BEFORE/AFTER PICS & VID

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DisturbingDaPeaze
wouldnt it have been better to sell that car and get a newer lt1/ls1? you spent 7gs on a car that is worth about 1/3rd of that resell value.
This question is almost as ignorant as asking me why I'm willing to sink north of $20K into my 1st gen.

If it's an old car you love $$$ is no object, only a means to get it to what you want it to be.

Besides the fact that he only spent $7K CANADIAN (just in case you missed that) to get the engine right, it's the car he likes. Resale value should not play a part in it unless that is the ultimate goal. In this case (as well as my own) I don't think it's so.

Should an old car be the 1st thing you put $$$ into? Short answer: No. But if you're like me (older, already own a house, no kids, decent amount of disposible income) and you like cars then what else you gonna do with your money? I can't take it with me so I might as well have fun while I'm still alive (I'm 52).

Oh, and BTW: Nice 3rd gen. I have an 89 RS myself in addition to my 67 RS/SS and 02 Z28 (waiting on the arrival of the 5th gen in order to purchase one of those also).
Old 06-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
This question is almost as ignorant as asking me why I'm willing to sink north of $20K into my 1st gen.

If it's an old car you love $$$ is no object, only a means to get it to what you want it to be.

Besides the fact that he only spent $7K CANADIAN (just in case you missed that) to get the engine right, it's the car he likes. Resale value should not play a part in it unless that is the ultimate goal. In this case (as well as my own) I don't think it's so.

Should an old car be the 1st thing you put $$$ into? Short answer: No. But if you're like me (older, already own a house, no kids, decent amount of disposible income) and you like cars then what else you gonna do with your money? I can't take it with me so I might as well have fun while I'm still alive (I'm 52).

Oh, and BTW: Nice 3rd gen. I have an 89 RS myself in addition to my 67 RS/SS and 02 Z28 (waiting on the arrival of the 5th gen in order to purchase one of those also).
Well said!

Quick Reply: "NEW" ENGINE, Upgrades BEFORE/AFTER PICS & VID