Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

how big for the street?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey to the op let me know what kind of numbers you put down as i am doing a very similar set up in my 70 nova this winter im interested i would really like to break the 1000hp mark on 93 octane with no power adder but im having trouble finding people who have done it......
Old 07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stainless40cal
Hey to the op let me know what kind of numbers you put down as i am doing a very similar set up in my 70 nova this winter im interested i would really like to break the 1000hp mark on 93 octane with no power adder but im having trouble finding people who have done it......

It will be tough for 1000hp, on pump gas. We just dynoed my buddies 615 and it made 853hp with 1 carb. The 632 should be around 860-870hp or so on 1 carb, but that is plenty to drive around with, anymore I would need to raise the compression and change the heads, and I just don't want to do that...remember street car on pump gas....
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
8 second club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
It will be kinda mild, most people don't know that more cubes, eat up the agressiveness of a pretty good size cam and calms it down some.
Just as hard on the springs and lifters though. Just curious, what kind of lift are you going to run?

I'd like to do some more street driving, but right now I have .748 lift camshaft, I just don't know how long springs and lifters will last and I like racing a lot more than working on it. I'm thinking about when I rebuild it to go to a bigger diameter camshaft with roller bearing and bigger diameter lifters. Maybe even titanium valves to take some weight out of the valve train. It seems valve springs keep getting better, just not sure what brand to use anymore. I've used K-motion for years, I know there's a lot better out there these days. I've never really talked to anyone that has drove big camshafts on the street for very long.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Cubes

Hey as far as cubic inches go on the street .... here's my brother in laws STREET DRIVEN Chevelle which is for sale..... ebay item number 200127285983

565 pump gas BBC ...

Quick Reply: how big for the street?