Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

What Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mufflers?

I currently have a set of flows on my car but getting tired of all the noise.
i am looking for a muffler that has a stock 60s sound to it, anyone know where i can find one? Something quiet but sounds like your dragging a tin can or 2 not a 24 pack.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy_Stroke
I currently have a set of flows on my car but getting tired of all the noise.
i am looking for a muffler that has a stock 60s sound to it, anyone know where i can find one? Something quiet but sounds like your dragging a tin can or 2 not a 24 pack.
After runing Flow and some others I really like the Borla PRO-XS line. IN my 67 C10 with a 427CI SBC I have Hooker Super Comps with 3" Mandrel bent and an X-Pipe setup I can cruise at 70mph and listen to the radio without having to crank the **** out of it, If I get on it it does sound off but no where that of a set of Flow Masters. Best place to by is Wicked Nickeys.

http://www.wickednicky.com/
Old 04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is very easy my freind! MAGNAFLOW! i have had them all, flows, hooker, borla....... nothing sounds as good or is as good priced as a magnaflow cause you are getting all stainless steel for just a lil more than a flowmaster kit