Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Need Help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Need Help fast.

Ok first of all I was a dumb *** and didnt take good enough pics and lable **** right...

I have a 87 vette with at tpi motor. I just rebult it and finishing up putting it back in. now the prob. I am trying to connect all the cooling line. I have 5 lines and dont know what goes where. can some one help.

1 line out of the intake
1 out of water pump
1 from oil cooler at oil filter
1 from heater core w/ heater control vaulve
1 from heater core w/o hcv.

can someone help? thanks

andy
Old 07-26-2008, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to your local auto parts store and buy a manual for it. Or I'm sure you can google it and find a diagram.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

I have a book and it was not any help. I also googled it and didnt come up with anything.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

I'll do the best I can based on the TPI engine in my car:

The one out of the front of the intake can go to the throttle body, but you can do the "throttle body coolant bypass" and connect this line direct to the heater control bypass.
The one out of the water pump? Is this the big hose at the bottom? That goes to the radiator. Or is there a small hose at the top of the water pump? That would go to the intake manifold, instead of what I said above.
The one from the oil cooler, and the two from the heater core, I am not sure. I know the heater control valve connects to the line from the oil cooler, and the other goes to the radiator, but I am not sure which goes where.

Quick Reply: Need Help fast.