Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

more fuel pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more fuel pump problems

I got an Jegs 140GPH inline fuel pump and then took out the sending unit and replaced the pump with a piece of hose that goes down to where the sock was on the factory setup. Then I mounted the pump up front by the shock tower cause I figured it would work. After I got it all hooked up and went to test it I turned it on and it built pressure right away but then it died off and will not even make the needle move at all. Can I not have the pump all the way in the front or is there a different problem? I know I have gas, I thought i might be out so I put 5 gal in today.

When I pull the line off the output at the pump and run it it will spray gas out in an un-even stream with lots of air.

Whats going on?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Drill a hole at the bottom of the tank to run the suction line off of and mount the pump on the back seat of the driver side. The pump needs to be lower than the tank.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Launching!

How do I seal it? The pump is lower than the tank, it is mounted to the frame up front. I think tomorrow I will replace all the lines from the tank to the pump and see if that helps.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds loke a colapsed line oer maybe there is a leak somewhere from not clamping the line you installed. 140 GPH isnt too bad, i dont see it colapsing a line but make sure there are no kinks.