Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Take A Look At The New Dart Shp Block

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Take A Look At The New Dart Shp Block

Finally got one of the new SHP block in from Dart, So far I have measured the lifter bores and they measure .8443 no taper, The center main cap came with no washer under the head of the bolt. I disassembled the mains caps cleaned caps and hardware and relubed the washers and the bolts with CMD-3 and retorqued and the rear main cap was 2.6407 the 3 center caps were 2.641 and front cap is 2.6408 as this will have to be addressed with a line hone.

I noticed the freeze plug holes on the sides of the blocks are chamfered and the freeze plug holes in the front and rear and cam plug are not chamfered.

It does look like the cam tunnel can be machined for BBC and 50MM cam tunnel with no issues.

Pic of the front of the block and the main caps, 7/16 bolts down the center and the outter bolts on the splayed caps are 3/8

Just under the oil filter pad can be drilled and taped to 3/8 and dry sumped in this area.

Pic of the lifter galley as it shows it set up for factory roller lifters.

Pic of the oil pan side of the block and it has been stroker clearanced.

So far it looks to be a clean peice and I noticed the water jackets are clean compared to the Little-M blocks that always seems to be full of shavings and trash!!

Its sure better then any of the GM OEM blocks we have bought lately and far better then any 400 block ever built. LOL

This block is about 500 to 600 dollars chaeper then a Dart Sportsman block.

I see alot of companies offering this block now and it seems to be priced right.

Quick Reply: Take A Look At The New Dart Shp Block