Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

K member

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K member

Hey all,

Well, the first of many questions for you guys. Just bought a 94 camaro that is track ready, minus the drive train. I want to put in a 383 stoker. I know that I will have to do some cutting for distributor clearance, but will I have to buy an aftermarket k member or will the stock member work?

I'm planning on building the motor myself, so I'll let you know how that works out. (More comfortable with wood working)

Thanks for the help and hope to see you at the track in the spring!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Nope, you can use the stock K member and motor mounts, only problem is one side will only allow 2 bolts to go to the engine instead of 3.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rigger Dave
Hey all,

Well, the first of many questions for you guys. Just bought a 94 camaro that is track ready, minus the drive train. I want to put in a 383 stoker. I know that I will have to do some cutting for distributor clearance, but will I have to buy an aftermarket k member or will the stock member work?

I'm planning on building the motor myself, so I'll let you know how that works out. (More comfortable with wood working)

Thanks for the help and hope to see you at the track in the spring!
I would suggest getting a new k member. We have several different models, all are constructed from 1 5/8" .120 an 1 1/4" .095 wall dom steel. Whether you use an lt1 based engine,ls1, or old style small block we have a k member that will work and is a direct bolt in. Along with the extra room there is also a 24.5lb weight savings. The k members are available for use with your factory power steering or a manual steering setup. We offer a custom manual rack conversion if you chose to go that way. We also offer a high clearance turbo version also. Our k members will work with stock a arms or tubular aftermarket ones. I will post a link and some pictures. If you have any questions please give us a call. Our tech dept is open mon-fri 8:30am-6:00 pm est.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.