Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Let's get back to the new orleans greasy talk!! 101

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Z06's put down around 450-460 rwhp stock so to be on 14 lbs and make that number is about right and still have cats on the car.
Ive read dynos where they dyno closer to 500whp. i guess it depends on what dyno.

I wonder what compression ratio the guy went with on his built engine?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Master8ter
A buddy of mine has an '07 Z06 w/ built motor, procharger @14lbs, and has 740rwhp on pump gas.

If he ever figures out how to get it to hook, it'll run 9's
Tell him to convert it to an auto. I just saw a video of a ragin racin car at NPR do a 9 sec pass. It was cam, vortech and a few other items on the car. I remember them saying the car was converted to an auto.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1
Ive read dynos where they dyno closer to 500whp. i guess it depends on what dyno.

I wonder what compression ratio the guy went with on his built engine?
I'm pretty sure he told me it's Weisco 8.5:1 forged pistons.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Master8ter
I'm pretty sure he told me it's Weisco 8.5:1 forged pistons.
Nice!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

What about a vette from Harahan? I'll event tell you what he has. '07 or '08 C6 ZO6 wit a cam full exhaust, and spray. not sure what shot but i'll assume its alot, he likes to push the limits. LMK and i'll see if he"ll run.
I aint tripping lets get it.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
I aint tripping lets get it.
I dont expect you to say what you have and ive never seen you run so i have no clue. But you really think you can beat him? I dont want him to come out and pull you by like 4 cars and basically waste his time, that would make me look bad setting that race up. I aint tring to scare no one either. I wanna see a good race as much as the next guy.

I'll him know I got someone who wants to run.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

I dont expect you to say what you have and ive never seen you run so i have no clue. But you really think you can beat him? I dont want him to come out and pull you by like 4 cars and basically waste his time, that would make me look bad setting that race up. I aint tring to scare no one either. I wanna see a good race as much as the next guy.

always remember, the faster car does'nt always win!!!!!and plus we pump battle fluid
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hnaskoct
always remember, the faster car does'nt always win!!!!!and plus we pump battle fluid
Trust me, I know, Ive made GT500s, Supercharged M3s and 03/04 Cobras look stupid when i had my stock Formula. Faster doesn't always mean you'll win.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

set that up tonight
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

i ain't trippin its just a race. I am h/c/ juice stock bottom end.now if i get there and feel like its hustle there are cars faster then me. i did not just get off the porch.Other then that **** it bring it
Old 12-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Trust me, I know, Ive made GT500s, Supercharged M3s and 03/04 Cobras look stupid when i had my stock Formula. Faster doesn't always mean you'll win.
does louder make it faster?

That seems to be the general format for someone building a LS motor out there. The louder the exhaust and bigger the cam means race car.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AutoCobra

That seems to be the general format for someone building a LS motor out there. The louder the exhaust and bigger the cam means race car.
Wow, your still alive!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

LOL. Yeah i'm here. I'm working on getting a new bike together to start racing in WERA. I have just about had enough of the cars for awhile. The cobra is going under the knife once more to get a little "lift" in spirit . I'm going to come have some fun with it for a little bit and sell it. Think it's time for some luxury and just keep investing in the bikes.

Now that my son is here too I'm pretty wrapped up with him.

I've been going out to the races in the east lately. Nothing really impressive to be honest. I guess loud means fast in this day of racing.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Think it's time for some luxury and just keep investing in the bikes.
Trust me, the G8 is the perfect family car <$35k, fully loaded. Best I can tell, the L76 is an LS2, with an LS3 valvetrain and DOD - detuned to run on 87oct.

Seems LS2 rotating assybly's fit this motor, but when changing the cam and other valvetrain, everyone is using LS3 stuff.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
i ain't trippin its just a race. I am h/c/ juice stock bottom end.now if i get there and feel like its hustle there are cars faster then me. i did not just get off the porch.Other then that **** it bring it
He said hes busy right now, I'll try again next week. I want to see the guy run.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn man its been awhile. Congrats on the lil one. Yeah some guys don't know how to speak softly but carry a big stick.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Yeah i'm here. I'm working on getting a new bike together to start racing in WERA. I have just about had enough of the cars for awhile. The cobra is going under the knife once more to get a little "lift" in spirit . I'm going to come have some fun with it for a little bit and sell it. Think it's time for some luxury and just keep investing in the bikes.

Now that my son is here too I'm pretty wrapped up with him.

I've been going out to the races in the east lately. Nothing really impressive to be honest. I guess loud means fast in this day of racing.
Hey brian congrats on connor, best to you and ash. Get the cobra back together i want a race at the track. Im sure rene will tell you what the car runs.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Teching In

I know what you run. You can find anything on youtube. My car has never been apart. I just switched out exhausts. I had a chambered muffler on there that wasn't working well. I had to switch to a bullet style and picked up 102 hp. Amazing what restrictions do to turbo cars.

I've made 2 passes at the track in the car. I'm VERY happy with the "off the trailer" pass. I went 153 mph and the car weighs 3840 with me in it....do the math. 60 was a 1.52 though. I'm not happy with it but Car hooks, trans brake is wonderful and I need a chute on the car now. that was at 24 lbs. I've got it up to 30 lbs now with the new mufflers too

Suspension needs some tweeking and i'm going to try another set of cams.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I could of told ya about the mufflers that they have to be a flow thru type. Turbo cars work best with open pipe. My car would pick up 3 lbs of boost by opening the cutout and not running thru the mufflers and thats with straight thru mufflers. Picked another half second in the quarter too.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

check this out http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...nt=kcir042.flv