Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

How bad will Florida beat Alabama...or will they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
After watching the Gaytors whip FSU the way they did, I believe Alabama's going to have a very rough go of it. FSU knocked Teblow down (hard) several times and it didn't seem to faze him. He then proceeded to kick the hell out of FSU on most every possession. That guy is a BIG differentiator in my mind. W/O him, the lizards are 9-3 right now.
But Tebow hasn't been hit by Mt. Cody...yet
Old 12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure who your team is...but unless they are alabama...they aint perfect either...god forbid your a big 10 or pac10 fan......your gonna get cruisified in here
Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Teching In

i dont think bama has the offense to put up enough points against florida's d. bama couldnt even score an offensive touchdown against tulane and you want to beat florida? not saying bama is terrible bc you dont go undefeated if you are, but they got lucky along the way too.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDH67
True. However, he did get hit by FSU's Everette Brown and Neefy Moffett a few times and they're a couple of great defensive ends.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am thinking more along the lines of Rolando McClain Colby lol.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Bama will win I think. I would imagine Saban is very prepared and he has dealt with teams like Florida in the NFL.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1st time i've ever agreed with jimmyz.
close for 3 qtrs. gators by doulbe digits by end of game.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bkeen
Hello...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8869144?MSNHPHMA

A gimpy Harvin catching two touchdowns on the Tide? I think not...

Still hatin on the Tide???

Yeah you dont have to show me links I know about his "injury".. The same one that has been bothering him all season and he still scores... They are going to show that cocky LB McClain who thinks he is all that a thing or two on saturday. I would also rather have a gimpy Harvin that a full strength JPW any day of the week.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

tebows been there for 3 years...he's seen alot of big guys and been hit by alot of big guys...i saw mincey last week put a nice lick on him...but he snapped right up...this is also the guy that played with a broken hand last year for a few games without telling anyone...and we won nicely
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 AM
hashtagBMW

Roll tide, im taking bama on this one.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol pusher i see that avatar and i think of josh/texan
Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Yeah you dont have to show me links I know about his "injury".. The same one that has been bothering him all season and he still scores... They are going to show that cocky LB McClain who thinks he is all that a thing or two on saturday. I would also rather have a gimpy Harvin that a full strength JPW any day of the week.
Did ya see him get carried off the field? or realize he's been in a walking boot all week? I'm not saying he won't play, I'm just saying I don't believe he's gonna be a factor. As for the gimpy Harvin vs full strength JPW is apples to oranges... lol. I haven't seen Harvin at QB nor JPW at reciever. How's McClain any cockier than any other college football player nowadays. They're all cocky! BTW he one of the best MLB's in the NCAA and he's only a sophmore.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
True. However, he did get hit by FSU's Everette Brown and Neefy Moffett a few times and they're a couple of great defensive ends.
Neefy Moffett Everette Brown
Height 6-1 Height 6-4
Weight 256 lbs. Weight 248 lbs.

Terence Cody
Height 6-5
Weight 365 lbs.

Cody outweighs either one of those guys by 100 lbs...
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Florida by 30..... Alabama's defense is good, but not good enough. Florida has played some outstanding defense, and destroyed them all (except Ole miss). They have been on a path of destruction every since that game, bama has squeeked by on alot of their games. One thing bama has not done, and thats play against an offense like florida. I say florida has over 500 yards total offense. Just my .02
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Just because your bigger doesn't mean you hit harder.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mr. Cody has not hit anyone very often this year ... he has 5 unassisted tackles this year ... he is the most over rated player in the SEC .... if you look at his stats they are unimpressive to say the least...bama did not miss him when he was hurt...his most impressive number is his weight ... just another big phatt guy...but it should be an interesting game with two completely different styles of football...I hate to say it but the gators probably win...way too much speed
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Mr. Cody has not hit anyone very often this year ... he has 5 unassisted tackles this year ... he is the most over rated player in the SEC .... if you look at his stats they are unimpressive to say the least...bama did not miss him when he was hurt...his most impressive number is his weight ... just another big phatt guy...but it should be an interesting game with two completely different styles of football...I hate to say it but the gators probably win...way too much speed
agreed, the only thing i have seen that he is good for is clearing a hole for the offense on the goal line......
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slt200mph

Cody's job is to occupy two (sometimes 3) blockers to free up the linebackers. He has accomplished that better than any defensive lineman in the country. He is the perfect nose guard for a 3-4 defense on running downs and short yardage.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 021less
agreed, the only thing i have seen that he is good for is clearing a hole for the offense on the goal line......
Agree also. If for some reason Florida's defense hurts John Parker and he leaves the game, I see Florida winning by 30+. Either way I'm betting on Florida taking the win by at least 14.

Alabama has gotten lucky all season, but luck or not, they still won. I just don't see them beating a team that has AVERAGED over 50 points a game all season. Ole Miss beating FL was a fluke.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2k1bird
Agree also. If for some reason Florida's defense hurts John Parker and he leaves the game, I see Florida winning by 30+. Either way I'm betting on Florida taking the win by at least 14.

Alabama has gotten lucky all season, but luck or not, they still won. I just don't see them beating a team that has AVERAGED over 50 points a game all season. Ole Miss beating FL was a fluke.
I guess this was just luck too:

I think our back up qb did quite well against your hometown team too.