Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Red River Raceway News

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man June 6th is like the only date coming up where I already have plans racing somewhere else. I'm ready to come back down there!

Well other than this weekend.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

One thing our tracks really need to do, is work together and not step on each others toes with their big events. I don't think the new owers of RRR had time to check with other tracks around the area, I really don't even know what the June 6th event is.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Good news the track will also run bracket racing.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
Good news the track will also run bracket racing.
I thought you said good news.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

As the new owners put it racing is racing, so it looks like there will be something for all ( good news ). Damn fast guys
Old 05-07-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

I wish I could run heads up but the rich guys always **** that up for the little guys. So bracket racing is the only kind of racing I can compete at. Those HU guys couldn't win at bracket racing so they spend the $$$ go heads up where it take $$$ to win and not skill
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

The old Red River Raceway will have the Grand Opening on June 6th with a Test n Tune day. After the Saturday Grand Opening they plan to run TNT on Friday, Saturday will be Index/Bracket/Import/or Outlaw Day, Sunday will be Motorcycle with car invite only. The track will post what will be racing on saturday's at Shreveport Drag Racing and on the board at the track.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, June 6th gates open at 5pm, TnT starts at 6pm $10.00 per person, $10.00 per race car. Hope to see ya'll out there.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Thunder Road
Hey guys, June 6th gates open at 5pm, TnT starts at 6pm $10.00 per person, $10.00 per race car. Hope to see ya'll out there.
Thank you for giving us a place to race, a place we like to call our home track.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Don't thank me. Thank the guys that spent the bucks!!! I am merely going to be an employee. We hope ya'll like the improvements that are being done. And thanks in advance for supporting the track. I hope it never has to close down again.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Im hoping to get over there and make a few runs.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Hope to see some of the old Monroe crowd on the 6th, see some old friends and meet some new ones.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Web page is up www.thunderroadracewaypark.com it is no more than a face page, but they are still working on it.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Just got home from the track today. We sprayed a 55 gallon barrel of VHT on it today. Gonna let it sit tonight and do the same in the morning. Were gonna run a few cars down it tomorrow to see if she hooks up . Looking forward to next Saturday, hopefully there will be no traction issues.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Thunder Road
Just got home from the track today. We sprayed a 55 gallon barrel of VHT on it today. Gonna let it sit tonight and do the same in the morning. Were gonna run a few cars down it tomorrow to see if she hooks up . Looking forward to next Saturday, hopefully there will be no traction issues.
I'm impressed that your going to dump 110 gallons of VHT on the track before you even open,that is the commitment we were needing from track officials for a long time. Keep this up and everyone will be happy and nothing to complain about
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Did you guys fix the bump in the left lane?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

smooth it out with VHT Chris, he-he
Old 05-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
I'm impressed that your going to dump 110 gallons of VHT on the track before you even open,that is the commitment we were needing from track officials for a long time. Keep this up and everyone will be happy and nothing to complain about
That is what is just being put down for Sundays test passes!! There will be more "Love" sprayed down before next Saturday.

As far as the bumps go, the hump where the concrete and asphalt met, has been ground flat. Also the bump just before the water box has been ground flat as well. There used to be some issue about low cars and the headers dragging that bump. It's gone now!! Also the dirt on both sides of the track used to be higher than the track and water would seep through the track after a rain. Dirt has been removed from the outsides of the track to aid in better drainage. And in the coming weeks there are plans to build a canopy over the grandstands so folks don't fry out in the sun. There will be VP race fuel, methanol and Nitrous for sale also. Thanks for ya'lls support. See ya at the track!!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Dammit son! Your guys are doing all the good Are the bikes only running on sundays?

Are you planning to bring back a weight scale? It would also be nice to have a separate return road or wider for tow vehicles to come pick up their trailor queens or old clunkers that spray oil all over the track and mess up half a nights racing.

This is a pet peave of mine that i think most of the guys will agree on. What makes me mad as hell is seeing a group of guys with a old **** pile monte carlo,old cutlass,farm truck that just left the feild,and said i think i make a few passes at the track tonight,with oil leaking from the radiator to the rearend housing or mud caked up under the fender wells that seems to work its way loose during a one wheel hop through the 1/8th mile. These people need their asses run off or whiped with the atenna from my car. Where does this fit in your book or rules?

Sorry for the vent and im not aiming it at the new track officials. I do understand that some people may not know they have a leak or problem when they pull up to the line but most of us know if we do it's time to pack it up and head home before it gets worse but the crowd i mention above seems to not care that they are destroying the track for everyone else.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Teching In

The track now has 110 gallons of VHT on it and some fresh rubber. A few low 8 sec. passes were made earlier today. The cars seemed to hook well. The return road will stay as it is for now. Gotta get money coming in before the owners can let go of. I believe they have already spent over $100,000 after buying it to get it where it is now. They bought a "real" ambulance and a sweeper truck to speed up any oil downs from the so called farm trucks...LOL As far as they go, if we deem them safe to run down the track they will be just as entitled as you to make a pass. If we see any leakage they will not go down the track.

Quick Reply: Red River Raceway News