Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Ripped off by Gerald Dyer/Dyer Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Ripped off by Gerald Dyer/Dyer Racing Engines

Just wanted to put a little something here. Had a SBC 406 supposedly balanced and assembled by Gerald Dyer but motor recently came apart. After checking out the motor when pulled found some interesting stuff. I paid to have the internals fully balanced....wasnt done at all. Motor was a solid roller so was supposed to have oil restrictors installed...wasnt done. As for the cause of the motor coming apart it looks like had a rod bolt come off on a pass down the track. Wanted to throw this out there and let everyone know that maybe you should check anything you have him do and make sure you get what you payed for because i pretty much got ripped off.
Dale
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a detailed reciept of the work and parts?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Default Engine in Question

Dale call me if you have any questions, I have never heard from you directly on any of these issues and would like to hear what your complant is to me! 864-561-2666 oh and how long ago was engine done?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have used gerald dyer on 3 engines and have had nothing but good service from him.... i did have an issue with a flat tappet cheap setup i picked out trying to save money and honestly i have heard 1 million people have issues here lately with flat tappet stuff due to oils and ect these days.... BUT he gladly made it right even when there was no proof it was anyones fault and possibly cheap china crap parts were to blaim... after letting him pick out the right stuff the engine now runs great and cruises me anywhere i want with ZERO issues... on top of that he basicly went through the whole engine and cleaned it up and re assembled it for hardly nothing when he didnt even have to....anyone can make a mistake but if you atleast talk to the builder they normally make it right... i have heard bad stories about golen, par, clements, Phillip lynch race engines, and everyone else.... does that mean they all try to screw people over??? no that means they are human like anyone else and there is always TWO sides to every story!!!!!! jake

Last edited by bluebeast; 03-16-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gerald Dyer
Dale call me if you have any questions, I have never heard from you directly on any of these issues and would like to hear what your complant is to me! 864-561-2666 oh and how long ago was engine done?
Ill give you a call when i get a chance. The motor was built awhile back and we put it up while building a car and i had other stuff going on. As for the motor coming apart i realize that just something that happens so im not saying anything there. My complaint is you were supposed to have put the oil restrictors in and balanced the the whole assembly. Could have been someone working for you that didnt do their job i guess.

Quick Reply: Ripped off by Gerald Dyer/Dyer Racing Engines