Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

F Body Weekend in Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up everyone!? This will be my first trip to F-body week also. My wife & I are really lookin forward to coming down. Will be at Burky's around 5 on Friday. We are stayin at Hotel Blue in Myrtle Beach. Has anyone heard what time everyone is meeting for Planet Hollywood on Saturday? I will be in my 98 Z28. Look forward to meeting ya'll! I'm also known as whiteknight98z28 on scfba.com & scfyb.com in case anyone else is from those sites.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
A half *** car show makes it worthwhile? It's the beach, some people go in rental cars.
i go to the beach 4 or 5 times a year .. have a 34 ft camper at lakewood ... it's the beach .. big deal .. i'm going for the show and cruz-in and to cruz the strip and meet some of you meatheads that are on the boards ...as i always have ..half *** car show or not
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just found that for sat. Woops
Old 07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
So what is the plan for Saturday? Two years ago we went to Burky's for the car show and it was a good time.
It is or would be good to have a meeting place we have roughly 20-25 people coming. If we are all just going to the beach then we can save four hours of driving and go to the one ten minutes away.

We don't need 25 F-bodies rumbling around the beach with no where to go but the beach.
yep ... who's up for a top three and a poker run to raise some money for a sick child on Saturday ? i'll check on trophies and bring them if we have intrest
Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddemon24_7
Has anyone heard what time everyone is meeting for Planet Hollywood on Saturday?
I'm not sure if that location is still on.

Can we meet there or should we just meet at Burky's again? Since the Planet Hollywood location has been out there for a while and is on lots of other sites, it might be less confusing if we can do that, but I didn't know if we had to rent the parking lot or something like that to do it there.

Last edited by infinitebird; 07-12-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I'm not sure if that location is still on.

Can we meet there or should we just meet at Burky's again? Since the Planet Hollywood location has been out there for a while and is on lots of other sites, it might be less confusing if we can do that, but I didn't know if we had to rent the parking lot or something like that to do it there.
Why was the car show ever at Planet Hollywood? The parking lot on both sides and behind Burky's is huge and isn't used for anything.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Why was the car show ever at Planet Hollywood? The parking lot on both sides and behind Burky's is huge and isn't used for anything.
Dunno, but yeah the Burky's lot worked well the first year.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a shame this thing ended up so unorganized. for the past 3 years, the event has gotten bigger each year ad is usually the highlight of my summer. this is how mustang week started. started small and now look what it is. all it takes is one unorganized year to really slow the growth to where we almost hafta start over. i was really looking forward to comming down, doing the track thing, and doing the car show at hollywood. i really doubt ill make it now, i can go to the beach or a cruise in any time i want to lol. ive really been busting tail getting this thing ready for the car show, new interior, re-did the a/c, had the hood repainted for the show, repainted a ton of engine bay pieces too. oh well, guess ill get to show it next year! im not tryin to whine about it at all, but when i added it up, its gonna be almost a $500 trip, and for the only event to be a cruise in, its just not worth it to me. i hope everyone has a great time tho, maybe yall can get to planning for next year and get a big group together so one person doesnt have to have the responsibilty on them like this year, im sure that was real tough to try to do!

aaaand then agian i may re-change my mind and show up. who knows!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
its a shame this thing ended up so unorganized. for the past 3 years, the event has gotten bigger each year ad is usually the highlight of my summer. this is how mustang week started. started small and now look what it is. all it takes is one unorganized year to really slow the growth to where we almost hafta start over. i was really looking forward to comming down, doing the track thing, and doing the car show at hollywood. i really doubt ill make it now, i can go to the beach or a cruise in any time i want to lol. ive really been busting tail getting this thing ready for the car show, new interior, re-did the a/c, had the hood repainted for the show, repainted a ton of engine bay pieces too. oh well, guess ill get to show it next year! im not tryin to whine about it at all, but when i added it up, its gonna be almost a $500 trip, and for the only event to be a cruise in, its just not worth it to me.
What would it take to make it a car show as opposed to a cruise in for you? Awards? Hell I could go to a trophy shop and pick up a few trophies and pass out some papers for people to vote with if that's what everyone wants.

To me the best part of the show is checking out other cars and meeting/talking with other people, and there will still be plenty of that going on. And yes it's true that you could go to an fbody cruise in or to the beach anytime, but where else can you get both?

Last edited by infinitebird; 07-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

i know, im just afraid that the unorganization will scare people off from comming thats all. like i said, i still may come, we'll hafta see. but the car show is always fun.....see the rides at their cleanest, the exhaust comp, all that good stuff.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Launching!

To me the best part of the show is checking out other cars and meeting/talking with other people, and there will still be plenty of that going on. And yes it's true that you could go to an fbody cruise in or to the beach anytime, but where else can you get both?
i think that we should just us the same dates and times so that everyone knows where to go and what time. does anyone know what sonic that ppl were thinking about because ive seen like 4 since we have been down here
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talked to Burky's today and the show is a go ... we'll have it there say 10-3 based on how many show up ... we'll do a top 10 GM .. so Vettes , GTO's ,T/A's , Camaro's , all G.M. for this year as we have little time to get this part going .. next year the guy's from the Upstate of S.C.will take over the Show side and see if we can grow this thing ..Post up or pm me and i will respond shortly ... if you would like to attend .. more on the show and events by Thurday morning ... Trophies are being purchased ..
Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nauty99SS
Talked to Burky's today and the show is a go ... we'll have it there say 10-3 based on how many show up ... we'll do a top 10 GM .. so Vettes , GTO's ,T/A's , Camaro's , all G.M. for this year as we have little time to get this part going .. next year the guy's from the Upstate of S.C.will take over the Show side and see if we can grow this thing ..Post up or pm me and i will respond shortly ... if you would like to attend .. more on the show and events by Thurday morning ... Trophies are being purchased ..
10am-3pm which day?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Cool I'll be there. Ready to check out some nice GM Muscle.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

10am-3pm which day?
Sat. That's always been the day and time for the "show". The Friday thing is just an afternoon cruise in (not everyone will be there for a show by Fri morning).

Originally Posted by Nauty99SS
Ok, that sounds good. I think we should post on all the other sites that the show will be at Burky's this year and not Planet Hollywood, since some still have that up.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Sat. That's always been the day and time for the "show". The Friday thing is just an afternoon cruise in (not everyone will be there for a show by Fri morning).

Ok, that sounds good. I think we should post on all the other sites that the show will be at Burky's this year and not Planet Hollywood, since some still have that up.
Well, he didn't say I wanted to make sure and I was going to change my other posts about the schedule.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Veteran

He said in this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/other-spe...-car-show.html

ok I updated hpj, scfyb, gafba, fbody-hideout, and carolinarides.

Last edited by infinitebird; 07-13-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

alright folks, im sure some people on here usually attend the f-body beach thing. its this comming weekend, and for a little while it was loookin to be a let down since the show and the track event were cancelled.

planet hollywood was not answering phone calls about the car show, so it was cancelled. this morning, terry, tim (nauty99ss) and myself were having a phone-a-thon. long story short, there is now going to be a car show and we are the ones putting it on. hawksthirdgen is going to help with sponsoring the event and there have been 27 trophies ordered. there will be a class for all GM cars even though this was orignally an fbody event.

the car show is going to be at burky's grille (same place as the cruise in on friday night). starts at 10, registration cutoff will be at 1 and awards will be around 3 depending on how many cars show up. it looks like the only thing we will could use for the show is some stereo equipment and music, althoguh that is not a must. if you are local and can help with that, it would be awesome. if its a success, we (guys from upstate, sc) will take on the show every year so it doesnt die out like it almost did this year. dont worry about juding or the small details, we have those taken care of!

EDIT: just saw this was alreayd psoted, sorry i was in a hurry tryin to get this out!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

F-Body Beach Week
Car Show Saturday 7-18-09

Burky's Grill
3901 N. Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach S.C.
843-626-2888

Reg. 10:00am - 1:00pm
Awards @ 3:00
Cost $5.00 per Car

All G.M. Show
Awards Best of Show
Best Paint
Best Engine Bay
Top Ten
Ten Specialty Awards ( To Be Announced )

We will have a 50/50 drawing and will be concidering a Poker Run

Please post up for head count !!! Everyone drive safe and we will see you there !!!

Last edited by Nauty99SS; 07-13-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

damn i wish i new it would have been on Saturday i would have tried to fix my car and bring it down there, if i get my starter before then i will bring it but my ride aint no show piece it needs some work

Quick Reply: F Body Weekend in Myrtle Beach