Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL

My baby, 2000 bright rally red SS gone last night at 3:36 AM. I heard it crank and I was out the front door as they pulled out of my GATED community... Doors locked and alarm set, they were gone in 30 seconds. WTF? I am so sick, bastards! The cops said they never heard of an LS1 camaro stolen in East Montgomery. Gotta be someone who lives by me maybe? I don't know...
They wasted no time..... I will never be able to replace her. Ask anyone, damn near perfect in and out, just over 40k on the odometer....its probably in a hundred pieces by now. I wonder if my insurance will cover my aftermarket heads and cam? j/k all you guys redouble your efforts at securing your pride and joy. If they want it bad enough they are gonna get it. I feel raped
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn! this **** is spreading.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is why i have cameras, dogs and guns. Sorry to hear about it and maybe they will find it unharmed.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

I know? I never thought it would happen to me, I am so cautious about where I park, make sure its locked, in a visible location, everything! But I bet my car is in Louisiana, or maybe ATL? I dont know.....I am just sick, literally......sorry *** MFer's!! there is nothing worse than stealing a mans baby, a car that he loves, ******* low down........I am not really violent, but I seriously might kill them if I ever got the chance...
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

so you think it was driven or towed off??
Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Launching!

It was driven. He heard them crank it up.

Kori still sucks thinking about it.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy ****. the cops couldnt find a bright red camaro driving around at 3 in the morning? did you call them right when you saw them drive off?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that sucks man, Ill keep an eye out around the Bham area.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

That sux big time man....what complex do you live at? I thought the east side was the good and safe side of town.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks big time I cant even imagine how you feel.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. Yes this is supposed to be the good side of town, and yes they cranked it up and drove it off. I just can't get my head wrapped around it yet....I mean how do these guys do this **** so well? I had the alarm armed, and the doors and tops locked. Yet, they still cranked it up and drove it off? How? I guess i'm more ignorant than I thought about how they do this? Shouldn't the VATS system keep it from running at all without the keys? How did they disable the alarm and get it to run? Do you think maybe they had prescouted my car and copied down my VIN and had a key made? What method are these guys using to get past the anti theft measures? Does anyone have some insight on how this is accomplished? I would sure like to understand how they did this so easily and quickly? anyone?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your loss man, It sucks having something "taken" from you when so much time and money goes into making these cars what they are. Hopefully you will find it.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to here this man,i will keep a look out up this way in fayette too,hope u get it back unharmed!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys.........
Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Was your VIN covered up or visible? I have heard reports of people getting the VIN's off the cars, having a "hook up" at a GM dealer and getting keys cut for the car they intend to take. Both VINS on our F-bodies are covered up and the cars do not sit outside either, I couldn't sleep at night if they were outside.

I know with VATS if they are experienced they can break into these cars and cut the alarm quicker then one might think.

From what you are saying I would say you were being watched and at some point they got the VIN, and got a key cut, since they drove it off.

Is that your only vehicle? I think if I had another car I would have been in it chasing them down and on the phone with the cops. But if that's your only car then there wasn't really anything you could have done. Sorry to hear about this and I really hope that they find your car unharmed.

I really hope this isn't the same ring that's in New Orleans.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your loss. Take it from a guy who used to work at the dealership, you have to do A LOT to make these cars harder to steal. Covering your VIN is just one small step to take, for everybody reading this. Starter/Fuel disable just slows them down long enough to draw down on them. VATS is a joke. Of course, a determined thief can always just tow the car.

Your car is probably long gone, I hate to tell you. If you give a better description than "red SS" though, I'll help keep an eye out. I live in your area, and there are more than a few red SS's around. The more information the better, PM it if you don't want to publicly post it.

I'm curious as to what complex/neighborhood you're in. If this starts to be a trend, I'll have to let everyone know here.

I did have my alarm go off just the other evening, for no apparent reason. I sprang up, grabbed my pistol, and didn't see anybody. I walked out to the car, didn't find any evidence of thievery. I wonder if my car is being targeted as well. It wouldn't be worth anybody's life to steal it.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT

I'm curious as to what complex/neighborhood you're in. If this starts to be a trend, I'll have to let everyone know here.
X2.....A guy I work with had his Bike stolen out of the drive in one of those east side "Gated" Neighborhoods.

I will be installing a fuel pump switch this weekend after reading this.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Launching!

I started looking into lojack that way they could catch the jack asses.

This really makes me want to put mine in my shop all the time but its such a pain to get it in and out.

Maybe I'll just lock my line lock every night that way if someone does try to steal it I will have enough time to introduce them to alittle friend of mine
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01trans am
Maybe I'll just lock my line lock every night
Bad idea. You'll burn up the solenoid, run the battery down, and it wouldn't be that great for the caliper piston seals.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Launching!

oh I aint going to.

I would hear it crank up then either chase them in my little SS or shoot them before they could get out the driveway

Quick Reply: car stolen out of driveway last night!! Montgomery, AL