Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anywhere Near Birmingham??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FTP isnt that great I dont thinkk
Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HVAC-Tech
IMO last time I went to FTP and talked to TJ he didnt have a mechanic and just had friends come by to work on other peoples car. I dont trust them working on anything of mine. Maybe they have changed I dunno.

My buddy lives on magnolia street off of Benson Rd and has a black 80 malibu we like to cruise. We hang out every thurs night so maybe we could meet up one thurs and cruise around gdale.
TJ does all the work up there. His friends, are his employees. Matt Shabani help him out when he is needed, and he is well knowledgeable on the ls1's. You have nothing to worry about with the guys up there. He's also a lot cheaper than any other place around here on installs.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

^^ I am the full time techinicain and fabricator. The people you are referring to are my employees. I refer to them as friends b/c that is what they are. We have always had a full time tech here. Stop by and check us out sometime. Everyone here has LSx cars, we have raced for years, built multiple race cars, and ALOT of street cars. We have several cars we have done that are cam + a single power adder on stock bottom ends making 600+ RWHP. We do alot of fabrication, anything from roll cages, turbo kits, front mounts, subframe connectors, ect. Stop by and check us out one day. Matt works here part time, Jerry is a GM technician who works here part time, Amanda is the Sec. she works here full time, and I am here full time. We try to keep overhead low so installs stay at a lower price. The only thing we do not do oursleves is tuning. All of it is sent to the dyno and tuned by Henson Performance. Here is a clip of the latest WS6 we did that made 603/551 with only a procharger, headers, catback, valvesprings, clutch, and a FTP specd cam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8yisNiT9yU Here is a video of the 240 with a LS6 we just finished up 423RWHP with a cam, FTP build headers, and a set of ported LS6 heads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3jq...eature=related and here is a video of a 408 LSx we built at the track. Carb conversion, AFR heads, Single stage 125 fogger. Track would not quite hold it that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBuaA7wD74

TJ

Last edited by Pure One; 12-22-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the 240sx with the LS6 is a baddd carrr, he pulled beside me and I knew what he had already done to it, I didnt want none haha

but TJ ima have to come up there, I need yaw to look at my transmission man
Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 19BLACKBIRD99
FTP isnt that great I dont thinkk
Are you the guy that drives past the shop 10 times a day but never stops? I always wonder why someone with an fbody and an interest in performance wouldn't stop by and introduce themselves and hang out. Maybe you should stop by and see for yourself. Everyone is welcome up here. We always have a good time!

Last edited by 1QuickT-A; 12-23-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HVAC-Tech
IMO last time I went to FTP and talked to TJ he didnt have a mechanic and just had friends come by to work on other peoples car. I dont trust them working on anything of mine. Maybe they have changed I dunno.

My buddy lives on magnolia street off of Benson Rd and has a black 80 malibu we like to cruise. We hang out every thurs night so maybe we could meet up one thurs and cruise around gdale.
I don't know who you are and have never seen your car in Gardendale either. And I don't know where you are getting your info from, but ever since day one FTP has always had a mechanic and his name is TJ! lol He owns the place and works there turning wrenches every freakin day. So before you start spreading b.s. rumors maybe you should get the facts straight. TJ and I have been friends for 10+ years. I have a full time job and I help TJ out on the side when needed. One man can only do so much by himself! Btw, my name is Matt. Stop by and say hello sometime.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what up matt haha
Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I don't know who you are and have never seen your car in Gardendale either. And I don't know where you are getting your info from, but ever since day one FTP has always had a mechanic and his name is TJ! lol He owns the place and works there turning wrenches every freakin day. So before you start spreading b.s. rumors maybe you should get the facts straight. TJ and I have been friends for 10+ years. I have a full time job and I help TJ out on the side when needed. One man can only do so much by himself! Btw, my name is Matt. Stop by and say hello sometime.
I have had work done at FTP before on a 95 mustang GT. I asked TJ to put in a new lower balljoint and a gas tank seal for me and he let Jimmy??? try to put in the gas tank seal which he doesnt even work there and didnt know what he was doing. Luckly I pulled up as he was trying to figure out how to put it in and he started bitching at me for asking TJ to do it in the first place. I told jimmy not to worry about it, paid TJ for the balljoint replacement and left pissed off.

I've talked with TJ before and he is a great guy but I feel people that dont know what there doing shouldnt be working on customers cars.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Are you the guy that drives past the shop 10 times a day but never stops? I always wonder why someone with an fbody and an interest in performance wouldn't stop by and introduce themselves and hang out. Maybe you should stop by and see for yourself. Everyone is welcome up here. We always have a good time!
I wouldn't have stopped in either...and I drive a F-body! LOL!!! j/k!!!

Doesn't that drive you nuts seeing other F-bodies and Mustangs drive by and they see all the cars in front of the shop and they are just zoned out and don't even notice...lol

Yeah most of you guys are so far north of b-ham I dunno if any of us will meet up before the charity event at Henson in April. Bleh..i'd have to get a hotel b/c it's just not gonna work out drivin up there from my house and back in 1 day and still have time to hang out.

We should def try to meet up sometime soon...dunno how much longer I'll be in Alabama.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeahh matt, I was going by what one of my dads friends said, his name is tony, he had a 99 trans am with ghost flames that got repoed a few years ago, and I saw it up there and my dad mentioned it to tony and he said that it wasnt that great up there, but I would like to stoppp by, I'm always trying to find someone to race, but hardly anyone in gdale will race anymore lol
Old 12-23-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Yeahh matt, I was going by what one of my dads friends said, his name is tony, he had a 99 trans am with ghost flames that got repoed a few years ago, and I saw it up there and my dad mentioned it to tony and he said that it wasnt that great up there, but I would like to stoppp by, I'm always trying to find someone to race, but hardly anyone in gdale will race anymore lol
I have known Tony for a while (5-6 years or more) and have hung out with him many many many times. I know what he told your dad and I wasn't very happy about it. Tony had a business at one time (actually he has had a few of them) and you don't see him in business anymore do ya? I wonder why that is? So if you want to go by what he says then thats fine.

Btw, Tony had a pewter trans am that was repo'd. He had a black 01 or 02 ws6 with ghost flames that he acquired in a trade with his previous business partners and it sat at my good friend johns house forever in the driveway. Tony sold it to Marcus and now Marcus sold it to another guy. It has never been in this parking lot ever.

Like I said.. Don't go by what other people say especially people that have no room to talk. Come up here, introduce yourself and make your own assumption. And if you want to race why not stop up here and pick one? Hell if we don't know what we are doing then we shouldn't have anything fast up here right? Matter of fact you chased me down in my white z28 one day like you were gonna do something and then did nothing? LOL You scared? I mean after all "ftp isn't all that good" right?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never said yaw didnt have anything fast up there, ive back yaw up a bunch of times from dumbass kids who think they can take any fbody up there, **** in mustangs, and when I chased you down I saw a nitrous bottle in the back window, and I had hardly anything done to my car.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

I pulled out behind a black Trans AM when I was leaving today.

If Birmingham roads were any worse I would think I was living in the north.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What did the tag say? haha
Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Skillet you were behind him I am pretty sure. Skillet was in a silver Z06.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nahh, I never saw one behind me, I saw one pass by me when I was lookin for a guy in a black trans am, that might be the one your talkin about lol
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

It was too far ahead by the time I pulled out. I do remember passing a TA convertible on the way there though.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well mine is a t top, but you will prolly know its me, Im the only one around hear I know with torque thrusts lol soo whould be to hard to find me
Old 12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm from AL also. In the Military though so I'm constantly back and forth so whenever I come back down I would love to ride with you guys.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Never said yaw didnt have anything fast up there, ive back yaw up a bunch of times from dumbass kids who think they can take any fbody up there, **** in mustangs, and when I chased you down I saw a nitrous bottle in the back window, and I had hardly anything done to my car.
lol You didnt see a nitrous bottle in my window.. I don't think there was nitrous on the car at that time and even when it did have nitrous on it you couldnt see the bottle from outside the car.

Quick Reply: Anywhere Near Birmingham??