Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

2010 770 HP Camaro at Gwatney in Jax, AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
They're really looking into it......possibly behind the service facility.
Speaking of Dyno I got my car Dyno tuned by Kris this week
452 RWHP 432 TORQUE I def need that 102 MM throttle body and intake
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Awesome, where exactly is this place at?
Hey man I looked into those headlights im going to order the 9006 set and im not sure if i should get the 55w or the 35 w set..also how do you get the housings for our cars i wasnt sure how to search them out..by the way im the White TA you raced down 440 a while back incase you werent sure i dont get on much
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buster24
didn't polk perf go out of business a few years ago something about the owner died, dont know the whole story tho
I think he collided into a stationary object while on a 4wheeler in 2007. I thought they kept the shop running though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate Gwatney. Would never deal with them again.
The Camaro was pretty bad ***. I saw it a long time ago when I was helping my friend look at a salvaged black Z06 Corvette they had for sale for cheap. But the car didn't have the right motor (ls1). Looked ok other than that.

I think they wanted like 70 ish for the Camaro and like 11K for the Z06.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polk is still open in Bryant. Its on Centerpoint road now. It doesnt look like they do a whole lot of business though. Same cars are always parked outside.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Yes Polk does still does dyno,a buddy took his new zr1 there the other day.Hollo sold his ta,it was at a lot in benton last month and craigslisted.I guess he transferred and got rid of it,had high miles. Gwatney does excellent work,you get what you pay for and i've heard Kris does as well,but i've personally not used him.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BADDAZZWS6
Speaking of Dyno I got my car Dyno tuned by Kris this week
452 RWHP 432 TORQUE I def need that 102 MM throttle body and intake
i didnt know you stroked her out jeff. I just thought you rebuilt it the same. NICE! See somone has been doin work.. Im almost done with my goodies. Got a few more parts to get and ill be done with this motor. Wont do anything else to it until somthin blows (knocking on wood). Congrats.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Yes they are/were looking into a dyno and yes I've seen the car you mentioned. They are also the only Callaway Corvette dealer in the state (which most peope don't know) and you should see some of the cars that roll through there. There labor rates are...well decide for yourself. I installed a cam, valve springs, kooks long tubes, catted x pipe, and a cold air kit on a guys 2008 Z06 that he towed to us from Oklahoma. His bill was a little over $10,000 but that included all the parts and the labor. I worked there for 5 1/2 years and had to quit because I became a full time student for aviation maintenance. I know the service manager very well and he is a huge hot rod (especially corvettes) enthusiest. He personally has a supercharged 830 hp LT1 powered 95 corvette that's awesome. I got to do some oil changes and a belt swap on it, lol. Those guys up there are really cool and he has the ability to tune your car (so long as its a GM) right there in the shop. Its a cash under the table kind of deal. Last I heard about the dyno though was that apparently the SM (I'll leave his name out because I don't know that he would want me to say) is personal friends with the guys that owned and operated some street and performance shop in NLR. They apperently have a dyno that has been unused for several years now with no intention to use it. They told Gwatney they could have it but the issue is wheather or not its worth going out there to get, making room for it in their shop or building a place, installing it, and if they can recoupe the cost of all that. That and the fact that the SM would be the one running it and doing the tuning, and if he's doing that he can't be doing other things. Let's face it, there just isn't that many guys around here needing a custom dyno tune on there GM cars that will pay the big $ for a place like that to do it. Tuning these new cars isn't some sort of vodoo magic and most anyone with the equiptment can figure them out. It would be cool and believe me, I expressed my opinion on the subject 4 years ago when it was first discussed!!! I'm sorry to say that I just don't see it happening, reguardless of what I know some of the techs walking around in there (one specifically) are going around telling people. I'm just saying because this subject was brought up 4 years ago in the dealership..... The SM just isn't to thrilled about the idea of having a dyno in his dealership because it would take too much time from other dealership things. Just my .02 being I worked there and still hang out with these guys.
The dyno is being, installed. thanks

Quick Reply: 2010 770 HP Camaro at Gwatney in Jax, AR