Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nitrous banned in MS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, there's a law like this in GA.. Says you can't have it hooked up. I could be wrong though. I'll look it up real quick.

EDIT:
40-8-10. Operation of motor vehicles with nitrous oxide; penalty for violation.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person on a public road to drive a passenger car, excluding a motor home, which supplies the motor vehicle's combustion engine with nitrous oxide unless the system supplying nitrous oxide is made inoperative by disconnecting the line feeding nitrous oxide to the engine or by removing the container or containers of nitrous oxide from the vehicle.

I think this is pretty much the standard.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't really care if it's legal or not. It's for off-road use in my opinion (seriously, it'd be too expensive to use it all of the time).
But can't they just focus on the fact that some moron ran from the cops, thats pretty illegal in itself.
And how is the nitrous to blame for the officers death, he doesn't need to follow the guy, get the plate, call a helicopter, etc..

and why single out nitrous? n/a cars can accelerate to 200 mph quickly also, should we ban all cars that arent priuses?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fucter
I don't really care if it's legal or not. It's for off-road use in my opinion (seriously, it'd be too expensive to use it all of the time).
But can't they just focus on the fact that some moron ran from the cops, thats pretty illegal in itself.
And how is the nitrous to blame for the officers death, he doesn't need to follow the guy, get the plate, call a helicopter, etc..

and why single out nitrous? n/a cars can accelerate to 200 mph quickly also, should we ban all cars that arent priuses?
Very good post.

People like giving something the blame. That is all this thread is about.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by TARZAN
Joke not funny.....the trooper died. Regardless of the situation, he died doing his job because a moron ran.

As I said elsewhere already, I do not see this as a big deal.

-Will
Agreed. I do not have a problem with the ban. My problem is with their reasoning and information. In one of the articles it even had a quote from the police that said it wasn't a problem. If it's not a problem why are you banning it?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

bunch bs. nitrous doesnt make someone fast enough for it to matter.... 10lb bottle lasts less then mile..... or on my car atleast; guess ill have to sell my kit! might get arrested for it now!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cameano
If I'm not mistaken, there's a law like this in GA.. Says you can't have it hooked up. I could be wrong though. I'll look it up real quick.

EDIT:
40-8-10. Operation of motor vehicles with nitrous oxide; penalty for violation.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person on a public road to drive a passenger car, excluding a motor home, which supplies the motor vehicle's combustion engine with nitrous oxide unless the system supplying nitrous oxide is made inoperative by disconnecting the line feeding nitrous oxide to the engine or by removing the container or containers of nitrous oxide from the vehicle.

I think this is pretty much the standard.
I know what im building next.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

Motor home..WTF..lol
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Last time I checked when you buy a kit it says for off- road use only this ban is nothin new this was jus made a big deal of because of the wreck and everything all 50 states have this same policy if I'm not mistaken but like as been stated previously street racing is illegal to and most of us do it any so i don't see the big deal
Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

While it is VERY unfortunate that the trooper was killed in the line of duty because of some dumb fool, let's assign blame where it is due. It is ridiculous to blame the incident on nitrous oxide. Idiots like that give all muscle/sports car owners a bad reputation. As I say quite often, "fast cars don't kill people; it is poor/stupid driving of ANY car, be it fast or slow, that kills people" I'm not sure I know the whole story, so I will withhold further judgement until I do, but still, it is a ridiculous law.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That accident was VERY sad. I got my first ticket from Mr Hood. Although it was a sensless situation, better judgment from both would have resolved the situation. Francis should have never ran and should be held responsible; however Hood had a responsibility to himself, his family and other people on the road to persue Francis in a safe manor.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew Teeth were banned in Miss, now nitrous? ****, what's next, baths?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
****, what's next, baths?
Marriage other than blood relative..
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
You guys dont realize just about everywhere has this ordinance. Its no big thing.
Very true. I want to say MD passed this back in the '80's, it's been awhile but I think that's when it passed. You can have but it can't be hooked up on the street.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Teching In

well then just start running methanol injection on your cars
Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I knew Teeth were banned in Miss, now nitrous? ****, what's next, baths?
Oh whatever.. Jackson has a boatload of money and class. Its the movies that portray MS the wrong way. haha, but in someway, I agree with your post.

ASIDE FROM THAT, I was just thinking about how this bill was portrayed in the sentate and I bet they handed out a copy of it and said,

"Now, lets watch this clip of REAL LIFE Television and see this 8th wonder of the world, 'nitrous', do its thing. Now, if you'd all turn your attention to the monitors,....."
.... and showed them this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lKJwfUlk4
Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Teching In

Lmao.......
Old 03-04-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by a.white86
Oh whatever.. Jackson has a boatload of money and class. Its the movies that portray MS the wrong way. haha, but in someway, I agree with your post.

ASIDE FROM THAT, I was just thinking about how this bill was portrayed in the sentate and I bet they handed out a copy of it and said,

"Now, lets watch this clip of REAL LIFE Television and see this 8th wonder of the world, 'nitrous', do its thing. Now, if you'd all turn your attention to the monitors,....."
.... and showed them this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lKJwfUlk4

Aw, now, don't be gettin' all surrious on us... I bought the fabled red car from a guy in Madison. I live in LA, after all.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aw, now, don't be gettin' all surrious on us... I bought the fabled red car from a guy in Madison. I live in LA, after all.
Haha Oh I know it was a joke.. Whats this "fabled red car" you speak of? Dont guess I know the car..
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Nothin' to it, just another stock red SS. I bought it from a guy on here 8 years ago, at 10 months old. Scurry.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nothin' to it, just another stock red SS. I bought it from a guy on here 8 years ago, at 10 months old. Scurry.
Oh ok.. Well that sure sounds nice! lol.

Quick Reply: Nitrous banned in MS