Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Monroe Louisiana Area Cars HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madden
I'm really interested to see how your setup works for you. I almost want to wait on ordering my rear end to see how you like the 3.42s with the new motor. I was considering 3.42s myself but after I bought my M6 Z28 I started thinking a bit more towards quarter mile performance with my transam. I will not make it a drag car but I'll probably put some lower gears in it for a bit more trap speed. The 3.23 gears seemed to give nice trap speed in the 1/8 mile but would fall off a bit in the quarter compared to my friend's transam with 3.73 gears. With my cam only setup, I would have about 1 mph on him in the 1/8 and he would end up getting 2 mph on me at the finish line (although we would et the same). I'm thinking that the 3.73s might put me in the sweet spot in 3rd gear at about the 1000' mark. Let me know when you get the car back and we can run over to Shreveport for some test and tuning. I know Bubba's ready to shoot that mustang with a 125 shot and would probably want to come along. Another one of our friends (Kent Boddie) has a GT 500 that is making over 600 to the tires and would probably also be up for a cruise to Red River.

I did some research on the check engine light that flashed last night and what i am gathering is when the check engine flashes then goes away it is a misfire, didnt sound or feel like a misfire to me... what do you think?

But yes i am ready to spray the 125
Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2btmTvpP2v4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guFy2Nb9MxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwMQdOM35uY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATYjAZ7pqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xC9LaKYXhI
Old 07-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
I did some research on the check engine light that flashed last night and what i am gathering is when the check engine flashes then goes away it is a misfire, didnt sound or feel like a misfire to me... what do you think?

But yes i am ready to spray the 125
I think that the spray probably just temporarily freaked out your pcm. You have the timing retarded and the correct plugs. It felt like it was running perfect to me. I'd do a search in some mustang forums to see what you can find out but it felt too good to be much of a problem IMO.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Teching In

I think that the spray probably just temporarily freaked out your pcm. You have the timing retarded and the correct plugs. It felt like it was running perfect to me. I'd do a search in some mustang forums to see what you can find out but it felt too good to be much of a problem IMO.

Yes it ran great in my opinion also, i have done the digging and all i come up with is a misfire, so guess that means some more testing (spraying) is in order LOL
Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Yes it ran great in my opinion also, i have done the digging and all i come up with is a misfire, so guess that means some more testing (spraying) is in order LOL
you may want to look at the plugs just as a precaution.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Nice videos!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Teching In

you may want to look at the plugs just as a precaution.

i will soon, it isnt missing on the n/a tune at all and i may be driving to hammond la to get some parts soon, upper and lower control arms and a panhard bar and lowering springs. trying to make a deal.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

I'm really interested to see how your setup works for you. I almost want to wait on ordering my rear end to see how you like the 3.42s with the new motor. I was considering 3.42s myself but after I bought my M6 Z28 I started thinking a bit more towards quarter mile performance with my transam. I will not make it a drag car but I'll probably put some lower gears in it for a bit more trap speed. The 3.23 gears seemed to give nice trap speed in the 1/8 mile but would fall off a bit in the quarter compared to my friend's transam with 3.73 gears. With my cam only setup, I would have about 1 mph on him in the 1/8 and he would end up getting 2 mph on me at the finish line (although we would et the same). I'm thinking that the 3.73s might put me in the sweet spot in 3rd gear at about the 1000' mark. Let me know when you get the car back and we can run over to Shreveport for some test and tuning. I know Bubba's ready to shoot that mustang with a 125 shot and would probably want to come along. Another one of our friends (Kent Boddie) has a GT 500 that is making over 600 to the tires and would probably also be up for a cruise to Red River.
Yeah that sounds good, will let you know when I get it back.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will soon, it isnt missing on the n/a tune at all and i may be driving to hammond la to get some parts soon, upper and lower control arms and a panhard bar and lowering springs. trying to make a deal.
What's your AFR when you spray it? Stock fuel pump and injectors?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss454327
What's your AFR when you spray it? Stock fuel pump and injectors?
afr hasn't been checked by me yet and the tune is from Blow By Racing in florida for the nitrous. I would bet that it is a really safe tune for the bottle since it is an e-mail tune.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

afr hasn't been checked by me yet and the tune is from Blow By Racing in florida for the nitrous. I would bet that it is a really safe tune for the bottle since it is an e-mail tune.
It's always a good idea to look at AFR when you spray.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fun times Steve, we need to have another f-body round up.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Yeah, another track outing would be fun.....
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Default Made it down to Gilliam last weekend.... going back in October

Hey folks,

Some of us made it down to Gilliam for some runs last Saturday. We will plan on another outing in October when we may get some nice air.

Here's a link to our videos:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l#post13867937

Let me know if anyone wants to come.

Jason