Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anybody from SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DownSouthWS6
I'm not sure if the guys that created SCFBA still own any legal rights to that name or whatever. That Bob guy explained it to me after they shut down the website but I can't remember what he said. Were you at the last meet that he put together?
I'm not sure on the legal side, but if he only registered a domain, then we just couldn't use the same one. The old domain is down, obviously has been for a while, I don't see anywhere that an intent to restore it is present.

No, I moved down to SC mid April of this year. I'm just looking to put together a regional board for whomever to use. Tech is a great site, but if you want to set something local up for a meet or whatever, its easily overlooked because of the sheer amount of users. For sale ads 40 minutes old can make it to page 5 some days.

In reality, I would like to see several people have equal ownership. In that case, if someone lost interest it wouldn't disappear. Ive seen many forums fold because there was one 'owner/admin'.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black96z28
I'm not sure on the legal side, but if he only registered a domain, then we just couldn't use the same one. The old domain is down, obviously has been for a while, I don't see anywhere that an intent to restore it is present.

No, I moved down to SC mid April of this year. I'm just looking to put together a regional board for whomever to use. Tech is a great site, but if you want to set something local up for a meet or whatever, its easily overlooked because of the sheer amount of users. For sale ads 40 minutes old can make it to page 5 some days.

In reality, I would like to see several people have equal ownership. In that case, if someone lost interest it wouldn't disappear. Ive seen many forums fold because there was one 'owner/admin'.
I would be innterested in beiing partial owner/admin. I have been hopping around all over this site trying to find sc members to get on board with doing some cruises thhroughout the state but its like you said there are so many people and posts that pop up its like finding needlles in a haystack, ive already got some guys that are on board for the cruises and im sure they would want in on this idea as welll,
Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
I would be innterested in beiing partial owner/admin. I have been hopping around all over this site trying to find sc members to get on board with doing some cruises thhroughout the state but its like you said there are so many people and posts that pop up its like finding needlles in a haystack, ive already got some guys that are on board for the cruises and im sure they would want in on this idea as welll,

Thats awesome, there is a relatively small price to get it off the ground. Right now, I have a server that I make money off of anyways so hosting would be 'free' unless it needs moved because of forum size or slower response times (not real likely early on), the initial investment would be to purchase a vBulletin license (phpBB is free but I don't like it as much).

To make everything work, we would need several dedicated owners and members to spread the word. Other webpages, Facebook, car meets, track days, the random enthusiast at the grocery store and etc.

I have not posted anywhere else about it yet, I really should have, but I wanted to find out if others would be interested first.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black96z28
Thats awesome, there is a relatively small price to get it off the ground. Right now, I have a server that I make money off of anyways so hosting would be 'free' unless it needs moved because of forum size or slower response times (not real likely early on), the initial investment would be to purchase a vBulletin license (phpBB is free but I don't like it as much).

To make everything work, we would need several dedicated owners and members to spread the word. Other webpages, Facebook, car meets, track days, the random enthusiast at the grocery store and etc.

I have not posted anywhere else about it yet, I really should have, but I wanted to find out if others would be interested first.
Yea spreading the word would be key, i dont have a facebook but im on latemodelmotorsports.comm its a forum ssome guys in my unit startedd up theres a lot of guys on there not all are fboddy owners which is one thing i dont like because the ford vs gm arguments run rampant, also am on camaro5.com and well i run across fbody owners all the time, im about to move back over to gaffney on sunday and start my new job in spartanburg on monday, but im deff on board to help get this going it would be a good wayy to get the cruises ive been trying to get organized on the fast track to happening,
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Yea spreading the word would be key, i dont have a facebook but im on latemodelmotorsports.comm its a forum ssome guys in my unit startedd up theres a lot of guys on there not all are fboddy owners which is one thing i dont like because the ford vs gm arguments run rampant, also am on camaro5.com and well i run across fbody owners all the time, im about to move back over to gaffney on sunday and start my new job in spartanburg on monday, but im deff on board to help get this going it would be a good wayy to get the cruises ive been trying to get organized on the fast track to happening,
Great, I need to get on some other major boards. I registered on LMM, but it really didn't seem to alive. I understand the back and forth ****, lol.

I just checked, scfbaonline.com is no longer registered anyway. I don't see a problem.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah LMM was founded by good guys but theres a lot of ******** on there and it isnt reallly all that active like you said and when people do post theyre generally talking ****, i never even bother posting on the site i just go read from time to time, itss kind of like my daily soap lol, and the only evennt they really do is the beach bash and i love it but me starting a new job i wont be able to make it this year and thats one reason i want to do some cruises maybe once a month on a weekend because one event a year just sucks, id just like to cruise and hang out with a big group of f body enthusiasts just to represent the fbody scene to show its not dead, i was going to try and get a forum started after i had a few cruises an see what the turnout was and how muuch support i would have but im deff on board sstarting one beforehand if im not the only one going in on it
Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Teching In

that sounds like a good idea to me dont know if i posted in here or not im in goose creek. well i will be in 27 days in Afghanistan right now
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

Im here in Charleston area. Just picked up my new som ws6 yesterday and would be willing to meet up with some other fbody guys.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by specter_actual
that sounds like a good idea to me dont know if i posted in here or not im in goose creek. well i will be in 27 days in Afghanistan right now
Get home safe bro
Old 06-17-2012, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by specter_actual
Get home safe bro
+ one
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So where are you at on organizing that forum?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

So where are you at on organizing that forum?
I'm to the point where I need to find anyone that wants to chip in on the vBulletin license, then set it up. I have not posted anywhere else. I know, I've been lazy.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hhow much woulld you need from each person if you hhad yourself me and one other person?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Hhow much woulld you need from each person if you hhad yourself me and one other person?
Sending you a PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there gonna be a fbody weekend this year?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jheath5193
is there gonna be a fbody weekend this year?
If you're referring to the f-body beach bash its like July 12-15.

It'd be sweet if we could get SCFBA back up and running. When I joined that site back in '09 they were putting a meet together and we ended up having like 12-14 cars show up. We did a cruise and a cookout and we were gonna end the day at Midlands Drag Strip but it started raining. I'd be down to do something like that in a heartbeat. Yall let me know if there's anyway I can help.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DownSouthWS6
If you're referring to the f-body beach bash its like July 12-15.

It'd be sweet if we could get SCFBA back up and running. When I joined that site back in '09 they were putting a meet together and we ended up having like 12-14 cars show up. We did a cruise and a cookout and we were gonna end the day at Midlands Drag Strip but it started raining. I'd be down to do something like that in a heartbeat. Yall let me know if there's anyway I can help.
Sending you a PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

If there is anything i can do to help with this also just let me know.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Teching In

I'm in the Irmo/Chapin area. Don't see many F-body cars around here. Mustangs are a dime a dozen!! So if I can be of any help with an F-body club let me know. I hope to be rolling into Myrtle Beach late Friday afternoon.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

The South Carolina F-Body Association is now live.

http://www.scfba.org/forum/

Sign on up!

I'm also making a post in the regular southern members section.

Quick Reply: Anybody from SC