Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Northwest Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGearHead4Life
I wish I would have to, Samir. I didnt even think of it. I posted it on a few different forums and FB of course and handed out fliers. Honestly, I've never been on the actual forum part of Huntsville Car Scene. I've always used it for the event calendar and didnt even realize that theres a forum on it.
You were actually posting on the forum and didn't even know it. Feel free to add a post now, it's never too late. Someone might have some info to help you prosecute somebody, or just kick their ***!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Samir
You were actually posting on the forum and didn't even know it. Feel free to add a post now, it's never too late. Someone might have some info to help you prosecute somebody, or just kick their ***!
Thanks Samir! I'll do that. I hope youre doing well. Havent seen you in a while. Must be hibernating for the winter.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks Samir! I'll do that. I hope youre doing well. Havent seen you in a while. Must be hibernating for the winter.
No problem! I hope we can find something. I've helped a friend recover a car that was stolen. We got lucky as we were cruising up and down University Drive and spotted it within 2hrs of being stolen.

I'm doing quite well. Just got back from an overseas trip, so I'm playing catch up. Oh, and I'm married now too. The wife will be tagging along to one of the First Wednesday Meets once it gets warmer.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem! I hope we can find something. I've helped a friend recover a car that was stolen. We got lucky as we were cruising up and down University Drive and spotted it within 2hrs of being stolen.

I'm doing quite well. Just got back from an overseas trip, so I'm playing catch up. Oh, and I'm married now too. The wife will be tagging along to one of the First Wednesday Meets once it gets warmer.
That is awesome man! I look forward to meeting her. I knew you said thats what you'd be gone doing, I just didnt want to post you business. Congratulations again!

Thats great ya'll found your buds vehicle also. I wish it had worked that way for me. There was a three hour window when they took mine. 7-11pm 15 February. I've posted info on Hutsville Car Scene now. So what happened to the guys you caught that had stolen you buddies car? That story sounds juicey!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Teching In

That is awesome man! I look forward to meeting her. I knew you said thats what you'd be gone doing, I just didnt want to post you business. Congratulations again!

Thats great ya'll found your buds vehicle also. I wish it had worked that way for me. There was a three hour window when they took mine. 7-11pm 15 February. I've posted info on Hutsville Car Scene now. So what happened to the guys you caught that had stolen you buddies car? That story sounds juicey!
I really appreciate that you didn't want to post my private life. So rarely do people think about things like this these days! I'm a pretty private person even though my cell number has been on the Internet for over a decade now, lol.

We followed the car into the hood off University where the guys were just sitting in the car smoking. The cops came and then the guys walked out of the car towards my car. I was ready to haul *** in reverse and j-turn the hell ouf of there because I didn't know if they were packing. Luckily, they just walked back and then into their home and we took possession of the car with the officers help. They were amazed that we found it, saying that this almost never happens.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really appreciate that you didn't want to post my private life. So rarely do people think about things like this these days! I'm a pretty private person even though my cell number has been on the Internet for over a decade now, lol.

We followed the car into the hood off University where the guys were just sitting in the car smoking. The cops came and then the guys walked out of the car towards my car. I was ready to haul *** in reverse and j-turn the hell ouf of there because I didn't know if they were packing. Luckily, they just walked back and then into their home and we took possession of the car with the officers help. They were amazed that we found it, saying that this almost never happens.
Please tell me that they went to jail. If not then just lie to me . lol Did they mess up the column? and was it the hood near Books a Million?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Please tell me that they went to jail. If not then just lie to me . lol Did they mess up the column? and was it the hood near Books a Million?
They didn't. Sorry, I can't lie on something like this. Since they were 'given' the car by someone else and didn't actually steal it, there was nothing the cops could do in terms of pressing charges. Pissed me off to no end, but what you going to do in the hood? Yep, it was around there.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They didn't. Sorry, I can't lie on something like this. Since they were 'given' the car by someone else and didn't actually steal it, there was nothing the cops could do in terms of pressing charges. Pissed me off to no end, but what you going to do in the hood? Yep, it was around there.
Wow, amazing...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Wow, amazing...
I know. I sickens me to the core. What's to stop them from doing that again? I just wanna people like that.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Ride

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Looking for another LS car if anybody knows of one semi local. Ive drove to look at a couple of real shitboxes 2+ hours away that were supposed to be "10s" so im done goin to them.
homerunhtr21 Good luck. Don't want to sound like I am rubbing it in but sold horse,bought ss and I just went to Atlanta yesterday and I picked up my new car. Sometimes it just takes a while to find exactly what you want.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a White T-Top Automatic car let me know or have them P.M. me cause she needs to find a new home now.
Northwest Alabama-image-1-.jpg

Northwest Alabama-image-6-.jpeg

Last edited by Bama99z; 03-10-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Default 2 Post Lift

Hey, If anyone know's of anybody that has a good 2 Post lift for sale or trade let me know. Looking for one for my shop.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bama99z
homerunhtr21 Good luck. Don't want to sound like I am rubbing it in but sold horse,bought ss and I just went to Atlanta yesterday and I picked up my new car. Sometimes it just takes a while to find exactly what you want.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a White T-Top Automatic car let me know or have them P.M. me cause she needs to find a new home now.
Attachment 394477Some good advice. Just be patient--you'll find 'the one' if you keep looking and don't give up.
Attachment 394478
Feel free to post up your T-Top for sale on Huntsville Car Scene. Definitely won't hurt getting the word out:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Originally Posted by Bama99z
Hey, If anyone know's of anybody that has a good 2 Post lift for sale or trade let me know. Looking for one for my shop.
The best place I've seen to pick up these at a good deal is either bank auctions or craigslist. It's a great time to find them though as shops are going under pretty regularly.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Default Sunday

According to the O'L trusty weather man it is suppose to be nice. Anybody interested in meeting in Florence or Muscle Shoals to hang out and or grab so lunch? If so chime in.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

This whole week is going to be pretty nice, with an awesome weekend. We've got a dyno day planned, a parade, a detail day, a cars and coffee, and a cruise-in. Gonna be a busy weekend.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bama99z-- What all you got done to that Sunset car? Plans?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found me one
Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED
Bama99z-- What all you got done to that Sunset car? Plans?
6SSPEED, Same plans as the white Z just gonna put everything in the new one. Have you done anything else to yours?

I found me one
homerunhtr21, congratulations on the find. What do you got in mind for it?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same as the last two lol....gonna do some of the mods 6SSPEED does and run 9s
Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Teching In

I found me one
Sweet!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice