Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

To everyone affected by the storms on 4/27

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default To everyone affected by the storms on 4/27

Just hope everyone is okay and made it through. That is the most devastation i have ever witnessed and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. I know a lot of people lost everything, including family members and friends. My family and I feel so fortunate as we were right in the path of the storm and it just got to Birmingham and shifted. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help out post up and maybe we can get something going.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Just gonna copy and paste this from another post I just made>>> Hazel Green here (north of Huntsvile), Id also like to say I hope everyone near is keeping their faith and just praying for the ones who lost everything. Im one of the fortunate ones whom wasnt affected, but myself and my family are praying for our neighboring Harvest and all other affected areas.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good call on this post. I'd like to extend my family's thoughts and prayers to those effected. A lot of people lot their everything and I don't mean just possessions but also those they love.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, its so sad, one after another hit there, Im in murfreesboro tn, I send prayers out to all those that were affected.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Maybe charity car show or get a track to host a race or something with the purse going to Red Cross? Come on guys we can think of something. Maybe I can get Samir from Huntsville Car Scene to get something together. A Rod Run would be good and all fees go to charity.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

thoughts n prayers from here also,

we dodged the bullet but a small community south of us
was obliterated....
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huntsville Dragway is supposed to have a cleaning day next Saturday.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

My town I grew up in is gone...here are some pics and the vid from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdex...&feature=share

My work has been grilling food and getting truckloads of water out to communities all day. We just now got back power and going to volunteer some more tommorow. So far my friends brother has been killed and several more in my area.

I'll try and update some more, but my area is pretty much gone.

I live in Cordova, Al
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^thats insane. i just saw my first real damage from the storms today as i rode through fultondale this morning. its a real eye opener to see a billboard ripped from the ground and then be twisted up.

im really wanting to volunteer somewhere myself to help out.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW!! that vid was crazy!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

I live outside Gadsden in Etowah county and our home was in the direct path of the tornado,an EF5, we lost EVERYTHING except our lives,we just bought our home 1 year ago! pics at the following link
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00000919586079
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1baaadz28
I live outside Gadsden in Etowah county and our home was in the direct path of the tornado,an EF5, we lost EVERYTHING except our lives,we just bought our home 1 year ago! pics at the following link
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00000919586079
Im sorry to hear about your loss, but the main thing is you and your family are still around to tell the tale. I really hate that this happened to anyone. Me and a large group of friends went to Hackleburg, Al on saturday and took a sprinter van and a 35ft enclosed trailer full of water and other neccesities. We then unloaded the fourwheelers and the chainsaws and worked until they wouldnt let us work anymore. To see that kind of destruction and people left with nothing but a pile of rubble was really something that opens your eyes. While i dont have a lot of money to give, i can definetely say that i will be giving a lot of my time and efforts in helping to get people lives halfway back to the way they once were.

im just hoping a lot of others are doing the same. Seems like the bigger cities like Tuscaloosa and all are getting tons of help, while the smaller cities and towns are barely being touched. I hope you and your family are doing alright and are being took care of. My thoughts and prayers go to you and so many others!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

many people have asked how i kept my faith in god after he sent a storm that did this to my family and house, how can i NOT? if you ask my opinion it makes it stronger fore GOd did not send this tornado,the DEVIL did,GOD protected us from it!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hadn't really seen much of the damage until Wednesday. I live NW of Hunstville and go through the Harvest area to get there for a job interview. I remember when it got hit in 1995, even as young as I was. The amount of destruction is unreal. On the way to Athens from there I went through East Limestone and saw even worse.

Before I knew I was blessed to have avoided everything but minor inconveniences such as the hail and no power, but seeing it all first hand really makes you think. Pictures really don't do it justice. If you live near enough, driving out to see it firsthand will really have you counting your blessings.

For anyone, including 1baaadz28, that lost anything, my heart goes out to you. If you need anything at all or know someone that needs help cleaning up PM me about it. I'd be glad to help.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by birdssince16
before i knew i was blessed to have avoided everything but minor inconveniences such as the hail and no power, but seeing it all first hand really makes you think. Pictures really don't do it justice. If you live near enough, driving out to see it firsthand will really have you counting your blessings.

For anyone, including 1baaadz28, that lost anything, my heart goes out to you. If you need anything at all or know someone that needs help cleaning up pm me about it. I'd be glad to help.
x2!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

i just went through Tuscaloosa on Wed. My prayers out to everyone in there. I helped clean up after Katrina hit and some places here look just as bad. There are a TON of people down there helping out and we need to pray for them as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BirdsSince16
I hadn't really seen much of the damage until Wednesday. I live NW of Hunstville and go through the Harvest area to get there for a job interview. I remember when it got hit in 1995, even as young as I was. The amount of destruction is unreal. On the way to Athens from there I went through East Limestone and saw even worse.

Before I knew I was blessed to have avoided everything but minor inconveniences such as the hail and no power, but seeing it all first hand really makes you think. Pictures really don't do it justice. If you live near enough, driving out to see it firsthand will really have you counting your blessings.

For anyone, including 1baaadz28, that lost anything, my heart goes out to you. If you need anything at all or know someone that needs help cleaning up PM me about it. I'd be glad to help.

It is hard to comprehend the damage and loss until you see it first hand...... We had two teachers who lost their homes at East Limestone but they have their lives and a very supportive community. Southern hospitality reaches a new and higher level when there is a crisis

I know that many of the car events since the storms have been donating the proceeds to victims. I am sure there will be many more such events to follow
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Teching In

http://youtu.be/UD94OA8DAt0

Last edited by LILHOTROD96; 05-18-2011 at 10:08 AM.