Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

F-body Beach Bash kicks off at Darlington on THURSDAY July 14th!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up F-body Beach Bash kicks off at Darlington on THURSDAY July 14th!

http://www.fbodybeachbash.com/index.php

http://www.darlingtondragway.com/

Thats right, this years beach bash is going to be better than ever! I'm with Tick Performance, and with this being our second year of sponsorship we have decided to bring what was missing from the schedule in the past....1/4 mile Drag Racing!!

Gates open at 5 for test and tune. General admission or run your car for $10. To pique everyone's interest, Tick Performance will hand out a $150 gift certificate to the quickest ET for any LTx or LSx powered vehicle. If you think you made the quickest pass of the night just drop by our trailer.

Also, we'd like to make the show interesting for those spectating. We've had plenty of suggestions for actual "class" racing at this event. Since most of the cars traveling to this event are primarily street cars / show cars I have come up with three simple heads up classes that almost anyone can fit into.

Class 1: 4, 5, or 6 speed shootout

Engine: Any engine or power adder combo is acceptable for 4, 6 & 8 cylinder cars. Over 8 cylinders are limited to naturally aspirated combinations (no power adders of any type).

Tire: Unlimited

Transmission: Limited to fully manual clutch shifted transmissions only. ( No face-plated manual transmissions allowed )

Tags and Registration required.

1/4 Mile w/ Pro Tree.

Class 2: Street Tire Shootout

Thats right, regular street tires....no bias plys (ET Streets, etc), drag radials, or special roadrace tires. Traction is the ultimate equalizer, so the playing field will be fair for everyone. The rules are simple:

Tire must be designated as a 335 width or smaller.

Tags and registration required.

1/4 Mile w/ Pro Tree.

Class 3: Anything goes w/ DOT tires "King of the Bash" shootout

So your car is on a drag radial? Then sign up here! This will be a heads up pro tree shootout for the baddest of the bad of the beach bash.

1/4 mile w/ Pro Tree.

All classes are limited to GM vehicles only obviously as this is F-body Beach Bash 2011. This will be open to any GM vehicle that fits the rules, not just f-bodies however. All classes will have a $20 entry fee in addition to the $10 gate fee and will paid for / signed up at our trailer. Payout will be 100 % with 75% of that going to the winner with 25% to the runner up. For example, 10 entries will pay $150 to win, with $50 going to the runner up.

Due to time restraints, there will be no qualifying for these classes. When the class is called, pull your ride into the lanes and run the ride beside you! We're all here to have fun and kick off a great weekend at Myrtle beach so why not sign up to win a little spending cash and more importantly take home the bragging rights.

Hope to see you there!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could make it because it sounds like it would be fun. I actually live in Florence, but can't make it due to work. Hopefully, there is a good turnout.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Ill be there but without a car... Will the track be open to non gm cars?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn im pissed, i so wanna go to this, being that darlington is my home track, ill prolly b in kuwait then, ill home this weekend for my 2 week r n r.........im upset i cant make fbody weekend, i guess ill just have to raise hell at mustang week and pray my car doesnt get vandalized
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Haha im going this Friday Josh. Sucks you get back too late.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ttt

Quick Reply: F-body Beach Bash kicks off at Darlington on THURSDAY July 14th!