Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen! (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I'm 99.999% sure it's long gone now. I had Scott Siethalil and Tim Bradley helping me out that day. Scott used to work auto theft, so he knew some ins and outs, but we couldn't prove anything. I appreciate the effort though. How's your car holding up?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's doing alright. Got a set of TTII's on it now. Planning on lowering it and making it generally more streetable. The A/C is back in, lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys. Yeah I've heard you have been slightly demodding lol. A/C is great, that's for sure. I had finally put it in the Z in June and never looked back. I just bought a 240, and it's crazy how used to the shitty gas mileage I was in the Camaro. I'd still take that over the pig-slow 240, but that will change soon, if you know what I mean...
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by maggic
Sorry to hear about your loss.

next time please invest in RAVELCO!!!!! Saved my *** twice!! they couldn't get it started to leave the parking lot. all of that viper **** is garbage!!
http://www.ravelco.com/
Nothing more then a glorified and way overpriced kill switch.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ this, listen if they want it,they will get it, you would be shocked on how smart these guys are, i would be checking cls to see if any of your parts come up, for what ls motors and 6 speeds are going for i can see all the theft, sorry to hear about it though
Old 01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

In response to the tow truck hook-up, what is everyone's thoughts on putting a line-lock in, simply to have a lock on all 4 wheels when parked?

Add a hidden kill switch, added to a hidden linelock button, and I would think you have the set-up for good prevention.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
In response to the tow truck hook-up, what is everyone's thoughts on putting a line-lock in, simply to have a lock on all 4 wheels when parked?

Add a hidden kill switch, added to a hidden linelock button, and I would think you have the set-up for good prevention.
It's a great idea in theory, but the same people stole a Grand National the weekend after mine was taken. They dragged it out of the parking spot just to put it onto a flatbed. What that boils down to is that the winches are powerful enough to negate the brakes, as unfortunate as that is. I just back my new car into parking spots to try to prevent it happening, but they'll take it if they want it.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rushin
It's a great idea in theory, but the same people stole a Grand National the weekend after mine was taken. They dragged it out of the parking spot just to put it onto a flatbed. What that boils down to is that the winches are powerful enough to negate the brakes, as unfortunate as that is. I just back my new car into parking spots to try to prevent it happening, but they'll take it if they want it.
PM me the info on what happened to your car, mine got stolen in East Montgomery and I managed to get a pretty good idea on what happened to it, and where it ended up. I may be able to lead you in the right direction, or at least give you an idea of where to start looking. Mine was nearly identical to yours as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Out of curiosity, where were the cars, and what time of day was it when it was stolen?

This scares the **** out of me!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Basically, from what I can infer, they back up a U-Haul/flatbed to the rear of your car at night time and drive it to south-side Montgomery around the Narrow Lane road area, then strip it down for the motor to put in their donks. I will say that the cops are onto them and that they only have to slip up once to get their asses busted. Any sort of evidence found now will easily convict them of all the stolen LS1's in the Montgomery area.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rushin
Basically, from what I can infer, they back up a U-Haul/flatbed to the rear of your car at night time and drive it to south-side Montgomery around the Narrow Lane road area, then strip it down for the motor to put in their donks. I will say that the cops are onto them and that they only have to slip up once to get their asses busted. Any sort of evidence found now will easily convict them of all the stolen LS1's in the Montgomery area.
Strange, mine was driven away, they were able to disable the alarm ( it never made a sound) I heard it crank up at 3:15 am and they were pulling out of the driveway by the time I got outside. This was near the corner of Vaughn and Taylor rd. I heard them drive it straight to the interstate and I believe they went North toward ATL. However my car was seen a few days later in New Orleans getting a VIN swap and a new windshield to finish the deed.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks man, one thing i canot stand are people that steal, its just not right honest i had someone that lived down the street from me tell me there was a group of guy checking my car out and told me to keep it in the garage , i was kinda worried about it but those guys will get it when i least expect it lol
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Some guys have been covering up their vin #s too. Getting the VIN and making copies of the keys is the main theory behind the GNs stolen this year at their annual meeting (Bowling Green, I believe it was).

I will NEVER bring my car to the New Orleans area....tons of reported thefts there.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish we lived in a country where we could throw some death wish in the blue ray player. Get my m4 and 1911, drive over to them and kill everyone of them worthless bastards.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
Some guys have been covering up their vin #s too. Getting the VIN and making copies of the keys is the main theory behind the GNs stolen this year at their annual meeting (Bowling Green, I believe it was).

I will NEVER bring my car to the New Orleans area....tons of reported thefts there.
I work at a dealership and GM doesn't play around when it comes to key codes. If someone requests a keycode from GM without having documented proof of ownership (copy of driver's lic., a copy of title or registration, and the tag number) they are subject to a $10,000 fine per keycode. By they, I mean the individual employee who gets the code without documentation. The proof has to be on file for awhile. 7 years maybe?? If we get audited and don't have it we are subject to the fine even if we personally know the person whe requested it. If someone pulled a key code then the owner should be able to have it tracked through GM as to exactly who looked it up, what dealership, and when.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

It may be shitty but atleast you have some resolution out of it..hopefully someone will trap them fools with a setup and nail a few of them up legitimately.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Louisiana is the car theft ring capital of the Eastern part of the United States rivaling only LA in the entire country... must be some corruption there, because everyone knows this: but nothing is done about it
Old 01-14-2012, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

There is corruption everywhere.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If they keep it up, Vigilante rule will take over. I'm amazed it hasn't already. The one that was stolen near ATL is too close for comfort. If someone decides to try and steal mine, they better hope they can outrun whatever the first gun I get to is. The only Judge they will see is the one made by Taurus. Sorry for everyone that has already had a loss.

Quick Reply: Stolen! (Updated)