Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Organizing an Informal Musclecar Meet in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always been a GA resident. This is as far north as I've ever lived.

grew up in Augusta area. Spent my summer days out at the lake down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. I like it that way.

East side OTP is fine with me. My beater Z can make it that far on the ls1. Grant park.. don't they have a lot of shootings n stuff there tho? I guess tho on a saturday morning its probably ok. (I remember the name "grant park neighborhood" from wsb's morning news.)

hoping to have my LQ4 ready in a couple months tho.

dealerkiel, closest guys I know of to you is spartan and vengeance. Both are supposed to be very good. Out my way you have hunters, and in the middle MTI.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Not if you aren't racing or doing something stupid.

I've lived in the city for years with a relatively loud car with a cutout (mostly always open) and I've never been stopped for noise.

I've even gotten speeding tickets in the city and the officer didn't say anything about the noise.
I'm a little nervous about it. I received a noise ticket in Dahlonega for loud exhaust. That is in the boonies. A bigger cam, true duals, no cats and basically straight thru mufflers is a little louder than just an open cutout. I had that before the newer setup.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crazboy99
I'm a little nervous about it. I received a noise ticket in Dahlonega for loud exhaust. That is in the boonies. A bigger cam, true duals, no cats and basically straight thru mufflers is a little louder than just an open cutout. I had that before the newer setup.
I am surprised you got this in Dahlonega. Did they pull you over specifically for that reason?

I was driving my Lightning (sold) on 41 in Acworth and a City patrol car was running radar in a gorge facing the other direction. She pulled out in traffic turned around and pulled me over ... I was running 45 in a 55 in heavy traffic and rain ... she pulled me over for window tint and it wasn't too dark either .... $100 !!!! So, I tend to stay in my area with my Camaro unless I am trailering it.

I am running a typical 3" exhaust, no cats through a flowmaster. With my cam and "big cubes", it is pretty loud too.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was sitting at a redlight and the cop drove past me, then waited in the intersection for me to drive past.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

I was sitting at a redlight and the cop drove past me, then waited in the intersection for me to drive past.
damn ... not cool.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

The meet is now Officially decided. Its going to be in the location posted above. I and the rest the SVTPerformance members who will be attended would like to extend an invitation to you all to join. So far its only these two forms that have been invited. If you plan to attend please click the following link and then either post on this forum or SVTPerformance that you will be attending. I look forward to seeing you out there.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...l#post11539875
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I actually think it's worse sometimes out there because the cops have a lot more time on their hands and there is less violent crime to deal with, so sometimes they have more time to bother you for petty stuff like that. The city is much more noisy in general also so you don't stick out as much as you do in the country.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't quite say I wouldn't stick out. Have you ever seen an ex-highway patrol Camaro (black and white) that has a lope?

I might try to make it. Depends on if the car is getting a new transmission during that time.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think ima pass tbh. I don't have much to talk about with ford guys. I don't know anything about ford powertrains. that and in the "muscle car" world my car's a joke.

yall should take pics tho. Show people what its about.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

If you go to Google Maps and go to the street view, the GSP (1-Crown Vic & 2-Tahoes) is already waiting on Wood Street for everyone .... lol!

Quick Reply: Organizing an Informal Musclecar Meet in Atlanta