Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

I am surprised I saw this

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was in Westland, MI last week and it was about midnight and I was coming home from a graduation party with my friends (no alcohol) and I pull up to a red light and a pewter color 98 z28 caught my eye. It was right next to me. My friends and I were all checking it out then we realized that under the door it said "Police" and we looked inside and saw the computer and everything.
Not sure if it was legit. Just thought I'd throw it in this thread and see if it was possible.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArticFormula
So I was in Westland, MI last week and it was about midnight and I was coming home from a graduation party with my friends (no alcohol) and I pull up to a red light and a pewter color 98 z28 caught my eye. It was right next to me. My friends and I were all checking it out then we realized that under the door it said "Police" and we looked inside and saw the computer and everything.
Not sure if it was legit. Just thought I'd throw it in this thread and see if it was possible.
Here in NC, we used to have LS Camaro's for Highway Patrol cars but were short lived though. They got rid of them quicker than any other type car they've had. Guess they couldn't handle the power and went to the Chargers, haha.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

NC has a sneaky police team. Here in Cary, I was having fun with a friend and was about to floor it from a stoplight when I noticed the hidden style cop lights....on a Hybrid Camry. Mentioned it to one of my police officer friends and it turns out it was a detective car.

Glad I turned and waited until the next light, lol.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

haha damn po po
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Crazy. Did y'all see the new ZR1 down here in Georgia? I tell ya, I'm fraud to go fast anymore. It was all fun and games when cops only had caprices, crown Vic's and 5.0 mustangs, but they truly are stepping up their game now!

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2012/...r1-under-fire/
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Teching In

In St. Gabriel, LA the cops bought an SS Camaro and had it tricked out by kingpin customs. Tiny little town used to have a street racing problem. Then they bought a faster car.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Bottom line ... the hobby needs more tracks and/or legal exhibition of speed events!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Teching In

For sure, but no one seems to want a track in their backyard. Something to do with noise and not being able to sleep. We just need to take care of the tracks we have. With the way the sub urbs are expanding I don't see any new tracks in the future near me at least.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bayou Goat
For sure, but no one seems to want a track in their backyard. Something to do with noise and not being able to sleep. We just need to take care of the tracks we have. With the way the sub urbs are expanding I don't see any new tracks in the future near me at least.
Very true and the same here in metro Atlanta ... I have three tracks within 2 hours, but they tend to only host T/O's on Friday nights. I would like to see more of these "parking lot drag events". I have not seen any around Atlanta, but I have seen a few on YouTube where they set up "K" rails and a temporary timing setup with a tree. Anyone actually seen one of these events setup in person?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Here in NC, we used to have LS Camaro's for Highway Patrol cars but were short lived though. They got rid of them quicker than any other type car they've had. Guess they couldn't handle the power and went to the Chargers, haha.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
They got rid of them because the seating was hard on the officers. Imagine sitting in your f-body with a duty belt on .

My uncle is NCSHP. They all love the chargers so much more. Even though they grip about the transmissions. He also told me that alot of the officers wrecked them because they would lose the back end.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had made a thread a couple yrs ago about this same thing, in charlotte i dont know if they still have it but they had a 06 GTO, 03 termi, 02 CETA, 01 SS, and a lightning. they are very sneaky, i was at a gas station when a bike tried playing with the termi and got a ticket.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

heres a story on it..
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2009/...in-Raleigh-NC/
Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

We just got back last Saturday from a week long tour of Florida and saw a 2009+ F150 in Blue Flame Metallic, no markings, no light bar, no governent plate, but the front end was lit up with the most blue strobes I have ever seen. Luckily, I was not the unlucky motorist being pulled over. It was just north of Miami on Florida 821.

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 08-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Teching In

you guys are funny, yea the Zo6 is operated by a veteran Wake County Deputy. You guys would be amazed at the number of odd non crown vic police cars that are out there. I don't want to go into too many details but there are F250's, BMW X5's, 2010 Camaro's, new Maxima's a 2009 Range Rover HSE. They are confiscated and the dept. pays 20% of the tax value and usually uses the money seized from search warrants and US Marshalls Office who governs all vehicle seizures.
others on the list 05 GTO in Knightdale. You have to be carefull doing stupid stuff on the highway these days as it only takes one stupid decision to get your vehicle taken.

Don't start hating on me but there are heavy badged cops out there and they will seize the opportunity to seize your ****! I'm a hotrod guy so I don't mess with traffic violations. too much

Just FYI not all cops are complete A &^$$$, you do hav to understand it's not against state law for police to speed, they don't need to run lights and sirens to every call. Usually when people call 911 they want service asap well when dumb A's call about their children not behaving or the neighbor parked in front of the residence or the countless other dumb reasons for police to come intervein cops have to speed to get there without running code. Or when they are going back someone up if cops had to run lights and sirens for every call you would hear them every two minutes.

Last edited by Migoat; 08-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/ille...rs-in-c/nGtPN/

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...arlotte-police

couldnt find the one on the gto anymore but theres 2 funny ones
Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Migoat
you guys are funny, yea the Zo6 is operated by a veteran Wake County Deputy. You guys would be amazed at the number of odd non crown vic police cars that are out there. I don't want to go into too many details but there are F250's, BMW X5's, 2010 Camaro's, new Maxima's a 2009 Range Rover HSE. They are confiscated and the dept. pays 20% of the tax value and usually uses the money seized from search warrants and US Marshalls Office who governs all vehicle seizures.
others on the list 05 GTO in Knightdale. You have to be carefull doing stupid stuff on the highway these days as it only takes one stupid decision to get your vehicle taken.

Don't start hating on me but there are heavy badged cops out there and they will seize the opportunity to seize your ****! I'm a hotrod guy so I don't mess with traffic violations. too much

Just FYI not all cops are complete A &^$$$, you do hav to understand it's not against state law for police to speed, they don't need to run lights and sirens to every call. Usually when people call 911 they want service asap well when dumb A's call about their children not behaving or the neighbor parked in front of the residence or the countless other dumb reasons for police to come intervein cops have to speed to get there without running code. Or when they are going back someone up if cops had to run lights and sirens for every call you would hear them every two minutes.
We all know there are those cool cops and dick head cops thats with every job in the world i think, you can either get a cool boss or the douche that thinks hes better than everyone. Ive met some of the coolest cops over the years but i have also met some of the biggest ******, I had a cop pull me over on christmas morning because of my front license plate(in ct is required) not being screwed on the front of my 86 Iroc and i had it sticky taped on the corner of the windshield, he pulled it off and threw it on the ground and told me it was not acceptable and was very rude to all 3 passengers then gave me a ticket for missing my front tag. then ive had cops pull me over for "10 miles over" and ask to check out the car and end up chit chatting for 40+ minutes about cars.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Yeah unfortunately there are a lot of DH cops, a lot of them grow old and are forced to stay on Patrol bc they are DH and it never helps them realize they are DH. I can tell you In my experience even the pos guys you bust all the time if you treat them with respect and you needed help a lot of them would so I just treat people the opposite that cops treated me in the past it's one reason I joined.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Z06 when I was driving home from Durham. Had someone pulled over, lights flashing and all. I must say that is one badddd ride. Hell of a job too if I might add haha

Quick Reply: I am surprised I saw this